Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes

brj

« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2005, 01:40 am »
Might I suggest that captions on the gallery titles, or somewhere else, include the veneer and baffle/trim lumber choices?

(I'm really curious to know what Randy's HT1s were made with...)

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2005, 02:40 am »
Quote from: brj
(I'm really curious to know what Randy's HT1s were made with...)

Crotch Mahogany?

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2005, 01:16 pm »
I only looked at the picture of the closeup baffle shot of the center channel and it had the sort of "crotch" grain. Claro walnut is cool too!

brj

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2005, 02:06 pm »
Quote from: Bingenito
Ah you would think so but they are actually Ropey Cherry (that darkened) and Claro Walnut baffles.

That's walnut?  I've never seen it that golden red in color before... Wow, between that and a few other Walnut examples from Jim, my impression of Walnut is heading up rapidly.

The gallery has been updated with the wood species for each speaker.

Thanks for satisfying my curiousity!

Thank you for the suggestion!

No problem!

Gordy

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:52 am »
I just got in from work to find Jim's Email and pictures and now this :dance:   Of the Month? For real?  Now that's a maximal happy hour  :beer:  

Thank you Bryan :thumb:

Notice that the plinths don't match? :lol:   Mine are still wet!!!

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:56 am »
Gordy, I saw your speakers in the raw, and I have to say I think you're going to be most impressed with them.  That burl is very nice and the Walnut (which I didn't see) looks AWESOME.  Congrats...if I had to be kicked off the SOTM, I'm glad it was either yours or Bingenito's.

Papajin

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:10 am »
Woo congrats!  Let's see the mockup next to the actual deal. hehe

Gordy

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:10 am »
Thank you Marbles!  I am so pumped right now!  Just sent Bryan a few more pics that Jim forwarded to me.  That's the first I've seen of the Walnut as well.  Jim was so enthusiastic about the piece that I knew it was going to be something very special :rock:  ... indeed!

This next week is going to seem longer than the last four months!!!

James... if you're out there... :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Papajin

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:36 am »
Damn I do good work

You mean WE do good work, sir!

Gordy

« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2005, 03:46 am »
Just in case your curious, Bryan just posted to the gallery a few more of the pics that Jim sent me 8)   Thank you!!!

koiman

« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2005, 12:44 am »
My Ht3 are on there way as of this AM I should have them by this Fri. Though I would post a picture.. Water fall Bubinga.. Figured Bubinga.. and Sonic Caps up grade..
 :lol:
Leon

jermmd

« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2005, 12:59 am »
Leon,

Nice.  I see that the black woofers seem to be more popular lately.  Mine should be coming in soon and they'll be something completely different-a finish not seen before. Tamo ash with a grey-black stain. The anticipation is killing me. I haven't requested any upgrades yet and I only have a little time left to do so.  Marbles has made some suggestions to me (he says at a bare minimum to get the BH5 and bypassing caps).  How do your new speakers sound?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2005, 01:34 am »
Quote from: jermmd
Leon,

Nice.  I see that the black woofers seem to be more popular lately.  Mine should be coming in soon and they'll be something completely different-a finish not seen before. Tamo ash with a grey-black stain. The anticipation is killing me. I haven't requested any upgrades yet and I only have a little time left to do so.  Marbles has made some suggestions to me (he says at a bare minimum to get the BH5 and bypassing caps).  How do your new speakers sound?

Joe,

I haven't heard any of the upgrades since I just have a stock pair right now, but I would agree with Rob and probably get the BH5 and cap upgarde.

Both of these upgrades should improve the sound and are relatively inexpensive (especially given how long you plan on owning the HT3's).

George

koiman

« Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2005, 03:19 am »
Jermmd,
My HT3 are being shipped today I won't see them until probability Fri. I decided to do the sonnic cap upgrade because I plan on having these speakers a very long time. From what everyone is saying this is a real good upgrade. I spoke to Jim this AM I thought my Woofer would be aluminum but he said the last shipment  from TC were all black.

Gordy

« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2005, 04:15 am »
Just remember to keep breathing Koiman, it's only a few more days :lol: They look beautious, love that waterfall!

Having spent way too much time lately listening to input, output and bypass capacitor swaps in amplifiers, I know your cap upgrade to the Sonicaps was a wise move :D  and if you're anything like me you'd be second guessing yourself for the next 17 years otherwise...  Congratulations!!!

koiman

« Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2005, 03:47 pm »
Gordy,
Thanks, I just can't wait. I am a swapping kind of guy when it comes to amps. I have several SS amps along with power amps. and love the hybrid combination of tube pre amp and SS power.  As far as the sonic caps were concerned, I new I would be kicking my self if I didn't get them, rather then wonder later on if I should have. I was inticialy go with the HT1's than I thought I might as well get what I really wanted from the beginning.

Leon

jermmd

jermmd

« Reply #18 on: 7 Jan 2006, 02:14 pm »
Pictues of my new center channel to match my HT3's:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #19 on: 7 Jan 2006, 02:18 pm »
Very nice Joe.

Please take a picture of the new setup once you install the center channel.

George