The new 2019 WE 300b redesign. Has anyone auditioned them yet?

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Greetings,

I had contacted WE in May for a large acquisition of tubes and this lead into a 90 min pleasant discussion.  The tubes have some new innovations and I am encouraged by the conversation.  They anticipated shipping firsts tubes mid June.  I am curious if anyone auditioned or own them have any insight to their quality. 

My personal insight to date, Kron is the best value to sound character.  However, this is only my subjective impression and obviously with inherent limits.

I would love feedback on these tubes.  Anyone?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Do you mind inform us the innovations?

ketcham

• Industry Participant
The conversation was in May.  Since I am unable to post what I remember with accuracy I prefer to remain silent to prevent misinformation. 

They have reason to guarantee the tubes for 5 years.  There will be US dealers and no manufacturer stipulated price fixation. 

audio.bill

Heard that they missed their latest target date to ship by June and are still in the production stage working out details. Unfortunately they keep making promises which they continue to break. Their integrated amp was planned to launch at $7,500 and is now targeted for $12,500 but of course it's all just talk until the 300B tubes are actually produced and released for sale.

ketcham

• Industry Participant
Interesting. $7500 was the price I was quoted in May. 

I remain on the sidelines until people have them and approve.  They are offered at rare NOS pricing.

krustykat

As of Dec 2019, has anyone heard or seen the new WE 300b from the Rosville plant?  Its about a year since they started taking preorders, and they stopped taking the preorders in July.  I was very interested to buy, but now the long wait has me very skeptical.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
I no more received news letter.

krustykat

I found an update on their Facebook page, looks like they are still progressing. https://www.facebook.com/pg/WesternElectric/posts/

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
There are news:
Over the past few months, the Rossville Works team made giant leaps towards the finish line. With every major sub-assembly operation online, we expect to see the first tubes pass inspection for delivery by the end of the year.

Even as early shipments are scheduled and pre-orders are fulfilled, the work will be far from over. To keep up with demand from dealers and distributors, the Rossville Works will more than double its output over the coming months, once again returning the 300B to full volume production.
Today, we’re pleased to offer an extended look inside our manufacturing facility. The batch process montage features never before seen, live closeups of welding, heat treating, glass sealing, grid winding, and more. Weeks of batch process footage assembled into four minutes of continuity. Watch it now.
In short, we're showing the most exciting progress since the Rossville works was established.
Absent from the montage are the hours upon hours spent cleaning and prepping our machines and the 34,000 square foot assembly floor they sit on. Western Electric quality and compliance standards is not just time consuming, it is a mindset adopted by our electron tube staff at the start of each shift.