Eastern Electric Minimax DAC wins Stereomojo's Product Of The Year/DAC Catagory

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Congratulations to Alex Yeung / Mr. Eastern Electric

Stereomojo's DAC Of The Year :thumb:

DARTH AUDIO

Way to go Bill/Alex!! CONGRATS!!

That's next on my purchase list. Just sent off my Squeezebox Touch to Wayne for the digital mod and PS mod. The DAC and DAC mod are next.

Gary

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Gary, don't you want to wait on the mods until stereomojo issues their review of it?

Bill, what's the break in time/characteristics of the EE DAC?  Just picked one up and thought it sounded OK at first, then good, then OK, and now really good (with now a total of roughly 100 hours on it, solid state plus tube).

Don't know about others, but I start out in solid state (since the tube section is muted on start up), and switch with the next disk (after its nicely warmed up).

carusoracer

Way to go Alex and Bill. The EE product line up is really receiving the notoriety it deserves!

I thought the DAC reached it's potential around 200 hours.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
The only reason this Dac won this distinction is because Stereomojo hasn't heard Bolder Cable's modded Eastern Electric Minimax Dac.  :lol:  But that nonwithstanding, this Dac IMHO deserves the recognition and congratulations to Eastern Electric for being recognized as providing such a musically dynamic Dac.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
I believe Mike Peshkin will be releasing his review of Wayne's Bolder modded Eastern Electric DAC on Stereomojo soon, as the DAC made a stop at Mike's place for a while.
 I do agree that Wayne has performed some serious upgrades and you really can tell as the music just flows to an unbelievable level. :thumb:
 I never thought digital would reach these heights, I haven't spun a record in months now!

I also know Doug Schroeder of Dagogo has been op-amp rolling at a frenzied pace and since his first articles on op-amp rolling in the DAC he has been having a blast evaluating even more. His latest finds will be published shortly upon completion. That should be a very interesting and entertaining review.He has been rolling dozens of combinations. I don't think I'm letting anything out of the bag here but once published we all might be in for a treat and  a short education of the different op-amps available and their benefits or short comings..

A big THANK YOU to all you have been supportive.
 Bill

roscoeiii

And like the StereoMojo awards blurb mentioned, 3 of the StereoMojo writers bought an EE DAC for themselves! Remarkable. Congrats Bill and Alex. Well deserved.

Levi

Congrats Alex Yeung!  Thanks Bill for sharing.  :thumb: 

William Schuchard

I think the number of reviewers who bought it might be up to 5 now. I just bought myself one so it's now at least 4. The original reviewers captured it's flavor perfectly by the way.

Bill