Blackhole 5

vermont99

Blackhole 5
« on: 26 Mar 2011, 03:28 pm »

I have the HT3's and a HTC center with the RAAL tweeters order I did not order the Blackhole 5 as I felt speakers of this quality and price point should not need any further enhancement. Did I make the correct choice? My room is 21’ X 24’ X 8’ fully carpeted with some treatment speakers will be facing the 21’ side.   

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Blackhole 5
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2011, 04:20 pm »
The Blackhole hbas nothing to do with your room.  Its all about the speaker.

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2011, 04:47 pm »
I think he's asking if he should have ordered BH5.  I'm a sucker for these upgrades, but unless you have the exact same speaker, one with BH5 and one without, there's no way to perform a comparison.  I sold my VMPS RM40s to someone who had another pair.  Mine had all the upgrades, and his only had some.  He said that mine were better, but he had both, so at least you can trust that opinion.

vermont99

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2011, 05:08 pm »
That’s what I aim trying to decide weather the BH5 is worth the upgrade or not. When people compare speakers are they compared with the upgrades or the standard speakers? The HT3’s I auditioned, I was told were some of the first made and they were 8 ohms with no other options except the veneer. I absolutely fell in love with the way the speakers sounded that’s why I ordered them, just figure out if I should add the BH5 or can it be added later.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2011, 05:19 pm »
You do NOT need any upgrades to the speakers.  Save your money, keep the cycle shorter, sleep well.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2011, 07:03 pm by Big Red Machine »

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2011, 05:37 pm »
You do NOT need any upgrades to the speakers.  Save you money, keep the cycle shorter, sleep well.
[/quo

Righto.    BH5 is good for two things.  First, if you have a cheap box with no bracing, BH5 will add some rigidy, and also provide percetly fine sound treatment within the cabinet.  It's also great for isolating an upper cabinet module from the bass module--Jim uses a Black Hole-like material between the two sections of the Sound Scape.  But if the cabinet is rigidly braced and it comes with somed kind of foam sound treatment lining the walls, BH5 will just add weight and cost. 

vermont99

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2011, 11:01 pm »
Thanks for putting my mine at rest I really do appreciate the feed back. I can’t wait until I receive the speakers. Thanks again. :D