HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday. Slow internet beware.

rahimlee54

HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday. Slow internet beware.
« on: 18 May 2009, 05:17 pm »
My HT2s show up this WWednesday, if no bad luck, the fedex truck will be photoed so dont worry.  It has been a long wait but, it should be worthwhile.

Glad AC is back.

Jared
« Last Edit: 21 May 2009, 12:42 am by rahimlee54 »

Art_Chicago

Re: HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday.
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2009, 05:42 pm »
My HT2s show up this WWednesday, if no bad luck, the fedex truck will be photoed so dont worry.  It has been a long wait but, it should be worthwhile.

Glad AC is back.

Jared
I am glad, too. Was missing those FEDEX truck' pics for a while!

OgOgilby

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2009, 02:10 pm »
Looking forward to your review/opinion of the HT2 TL's! Couldn't be happier with ours.

I wonder if there should be a dedicated FedEx truck photo thread... (well, maybe not).

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2009, 04:49 pm »
That's great news!  I look forward to your impressions and to seeing pics. 

TJHUB

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2009, 05:21 pm »

Glad AC is back.

Jared

Congrats on the speaker purchase and enduring the long wait.  I can assure you that they are well worth every minute you've waited!  :D

And please keep the tradition alive with those FedEx truck pics.  :wink:

earthbound

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2009, 06:29 pm »

Glad AC is back.

Jared

I think of Salk speakers every time I see a FedEx truck now. As you know, we expect a full report! While you're working on that I'll be working on my listening room putting up drywall, patching, painting, carpeting etc and getting ready for my HT2-TLs.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2009, 07:01 pm »
And to think I missed the chance to get photos of a DHL truck when my STs were delivered :duh:.

That would be a genuine collectors' items today :roll:.

rahimlee54

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2009, 06:51 pm »
Unfortunately I missed out on the fed ex truck pics  :duh:.  I had to go in and take care of something at work but they were here when I arrived.  First impression: very good driver integration.  For anyone trying to decide between the between the ST and HT2 TL, the HT2s are like going from high school to college, they step their game up to that next level.  I am also going to need a separate amp, my pio elite is good but it cant give me the SPL I want, plus I think the low end would benefit from an amp.  My AVR will however handle them until I can get the wife on board.  My room is the limiting factor for sure now, you can very easily tell, I'll be adding some treatments very soon.  I'll post more tonight after I have spent more time with them.  The bass can shake your seat on these things  8).

I'll post pictures when my wife gets home and shows me where the camera cable is hiding.

Jared

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2009, 07:07 pm »
Great, you got them.  Can't wait to hear more about your listening impressions, and yes, seeing the photos.

charmerci

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2009, 11:21 pm »

I think of Salk speakers every time I see a FedEx truck now.

Yeah well it's worse for me. I think of taking a picture of the truck every time I see one!  :duh: :lol:

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2009, 12:27 am »
Woohoo - they arrived safely!  Congrats and I look forward to future impresions...an, ah :cough PICS cough:  :lol:

rahimlee54

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2009, 12:37 am »
Did I go image happy?  The wife likes purple and the room is small but it works out for me.

rahimlee54

Re: HT2-TLs arriving Wednesday. Slow internet beware.
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2009, 12:53 am »
I have more so I can keep going  :lol:.  When first I fired them up I was like where is all the goodness I heard from my audition, fast forward 8 hours and I have found it  :D.  The drivers broke in some and now the bass is really outstanding.  The highs are very smooth, different from the song towers best I can recall but very good.  I can't wait to get some more cds and play them on these guys.  Watched a movie, which was uneventful, and then the second round of music was great, I am pretty sure in on of my CDs I heard someone cough in the background.  The bass is really good, I personally will not be using a sub with these as they satisfy me in the lower end currently, you can see mine in one of the pictures it needs help.  I cant compare them to anything as this is the first pair of "high end" speakers I have owned and I plan on keeping them a good long while. 

This is what I used previously Athena:  BB Clearance they will have a good home with one of my friends

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2009, 02:10 am »
Jared!!

So kool!!

They are really very beautiful!! Jim's elves do such nice work...the grain is really neat on your speakers!!

How does that demo disc on track 13 sound!????!!

I'll bet it really rocks nicely!!  aa

What are your room dimensions?

Alex

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2009, 03:49 am »

This is what I used previously Athena:  BB Clearance they will have a good home with one of my friends

Talk about an upgrade!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2009, 04:04 am »
Unfortunately I missed out on the fed ex truck pics  :duh:.
Jared

Bummer. :lol:

Man, that first picture of the beautiful wood finish...  I can see why you took a picture!  :thumb:

Very nice,
Jerry

martyo

« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2009, 08:47 am »
Very nice! :thumb:

rahimlee54

« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2009, 10:13 am »

Talk about an upgrade!

Just a little  :o, I didn't really see the point of incremental upgrading, I try to get what I want the first go around.  The rest of the speakers will suffer until after Christmas, then a new center and surrounds will be coming.

Alex,

The room is 14x11.5 I believe, I am having to do the best I can with placement due to that door at the front right.  They still sound good, I played track 13 early and there wasn't alot of deep slam.  Now that I have them a little more broken in I think I will relisten to the whole cd.  I went from playing near reference on the amp to way less power with alot more bass after the initial 8 hours. 

My head is about 8 ft back from the speakers and they are 7.5 feet apart on center, about as much as I can do currently.

I was in the theater alot yesterday :).

Jared

rahimlee54

« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2009, 10:15 am »
Unfortunately I missed out on the fed ex truck pics  :duh:.
Jared

Bummer. :lol:

Man, that first picture of the beautiful wood finish...  I can see why you took a picture!  :thumb:

Very nice,
Jerry

I should have taken more in the dining room, the theater ones weren't that great, there isnt alot light in there.  That one on the floor turned out really good though.

OgOgilby

« Reply #19 on: 21 May 2009, 03:48 pm »
Congrats, they are beautiful :D

You are going to enjoy going through your music collection...