xt8 arrays

lexiconphile

xt8 arrays
« on: 16 May 2005, 01:34 am »
About 6 months ago I was looking for some new speakers. Speakers that would give me the closest to a live sound stage as I could find. When I posted a thread on Audiogon a member told me to look into speakers custom made by Selah Audio. I contacted Rick Craig and told him what kind of music  I listened to and he suggested the XT8 Arrays. We've owned the arrays a couple of months, all I can say is of all the different components and speakers I've bought off of reviews these are by far the best I've had. Huge soundstage, tremendous SPL's, very detailed yet forgiving on poor recordings. These speakers have a wide sweet spot and also extended highs. They have excellent bass, they are by far the best speakers I have ever heard and had for my system. Since then I have contracted Rick to build a pair of subs. He suggested two 12" TC Sounds drivers and a 1000 watt amp per sub. The subs should be here within the next two weeks I am anxiously waiting. He also sold me a set of surrounds Chalcedony which are outstanding. My system is absolutely unbelievable with Ricks speakers. Value and sound is unparalleled by any manufacturer.   Thanks to Rick Crag of Selah Audio.

Associated equipment- Lexicon mc12b, Sim Audio Titan, Sim Audio W-6 monoblocks, Esoteric ux-1, Cardas Golden Refrence interconnects and Speaker wire, and Sim Audio P-5

Bingenito

xt8 arrays
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2005, 01:57 am »
Very nice system. I also owned a pair of Rick's arrays and second your comments.

Do you have a gallery or any pics to share?

Thank you

Bryan

tkp

xt8 arrays
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2005, 03:05 am »
Hey,

I am jealous.  My Incredarray only have dual Peerless XLS 12" instead of the T12.   Just kidding :-).

Welcome to the line array world.  

I have been living with the Incredarray for about six months now and I have to say that I have not found any problems with them yet and this is the first for me.  I know no speakers are perfect and the Incredarray does have a few minor flaws but they are by far the best speakers I have heard and owned to date.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: xt8 arrays
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2005, 05:04 pm »
Quote from: lexiconphile
About 6 months ago I was looking for some new speakers. Speakers that would give me the closest to a live sound stage as I could find. When I posted a thread on Audiogon a member told me to look into speakers custom made by Selah Audio. I contacted Rick Craig and told him what kind of music  I listened to and he suggested the XT8 Arrays. We've owned the arrays a couple of months, all I can say is of all the different components and speakers I've bought off of reviews these are by far the best I've had. Huge ...

Thanks for your review. I'll be firing up the subwoofers tonight  8)

Pictures, pricing, and specifications coming soon...

lexiconphile

xt8 arrays
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2005, 12:11 am »
thanks to everyone,i will take pictures for gallery when subs arrive.my arrays are in ricks gallery.they are the beautiful figured cherry.