Maple Finish Incredarray

tkp

Maple Finish Incredarray
« on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:31 am »
I just finish putting this thing together.   Every thing is tested out so all I need to do now is to set them up.  My buddy will come over tomorrow to help me stand them up and move them to the family room.

I updated the gallery to remove all the pictures of work in progress and put the finish speakers standing up.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=233

Marbles

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:36 am »
Congrats!!!

They look VERY nice!

Let us know how they sound once you get them set up.

tkp

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:39 am »
They will have to sound nice because my supreme commander namely "wife" told me that this will be the last time (yeah right.  I said the same thing when I bought the RM40s 2 years ago).  

I am glad that I build this up myself because there is very little chance any one can build them better.  I was up at 2 AM this morning to double check and resoldered all the connection.  Talking about not having a life :-).

Marbles

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:41 am »
Quote from: tkp

I am glad that I build this up myself because there is very little chance any one can build them better.  I was up at 2 AM this morning to double check and resoldered all the connection.  Talking about not having a life :-).

This doesn't surprise me at all  :wink:

I wish I had a trip planned down to Texas so I could listen to them.....Maybe this coming summer....

F-100

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2004, 04:16 am »
TKP,
   Very nice. Did you build the cabinet yourself?

tkp

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2004, 04:19 am »
Quote from: F-100
TKP,
   Very nice looking speaker.Did you build the cabinet yourself?

I paid a local furniture maker to make the cabinet for me.  They are pre-veneer MDF with solid curly maple corner.  I am very happy with the way the cabinet came out.  This was the first speaker cabinet that the cabinet maker built but he paid great attention to detail and you can see the result from the pictures.

MaxCast

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2004, 12:49 pm »
Those look great!! and would look great in my room as well :lol:
I can't wait till the day I can own speakers with out grills!!!

JoshK

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2004, 01:58 pm »
Very nice!  I love the attention to detail.  The base looks very sharp and I love the matching sub amp cabinet, nice touch!  By the way, what subs did you choose?

tkp

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:01 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Very nice!  I love the attention to detail.  The base looks very sharp and I love the matching sub amp cabinet, nice touch!  By the way, what subs did you choose?

There are two subwoofer amps, one for each speaker to power the dual Peerless XLS 12".

StevenACNJ

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:01 pm »
TKP,

How much does a pair of cabinets finished like that cost?

BTW - Very nice!

tkp

Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2004, 03:12 pm »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
TKP,

BTW - Very nice!

Rick found the cabinet maker for me and worked with the cabinet maker on the preliminary pricing which helped tremendeously because I know absolutely nothing how much they would cost to build.  I worked out the detail with the cabinet maker on additional options that I wanted such as solid corner, matching base, brass insert screws for the 12" woofers and bottow two 5.5" woofers to allow ease of taking out the crossovers.

When I picked up the cabinet and paid the agreed amount, the cabinet maker told me that I got a good deal because he underestimated the work.  He requested me not to tell any one how much I paid and would prefer me to have any one interested to ask him directly.  

Personally, I thought I paid a decent price.  However, I must said that his workmanship is very high and he paid great attention to detail(he build furnitures for expensive custome homes) so it is a good deal considering the high level of workmanship.  You should contact Rick to have an idea how some thing like this would cost (Rick knows how much this cabinet maker would charge if he does them again).

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Maple Finish Incredarray
« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2004, 06:00 pm »
Quote from: StevenACNJ
TKP,

BTW - Very nice!

The cost of the cabinets can vary quite a bit with a number of factors involved. Expect to pay $1,000-$2,500 per pair depending on who builds them, what veneer you choose, type of joinery / corners used, and the level of finish quality desired.