Until You Loose Something You Dont Really Appreciate What YOU Have!

adydula

• Restricted
Hi,

For almost a month now I have not been able to listen to music! I have an ongoing right ear issue, where my hearing in it is reduced in amplitude 50% or more!!

Trying to listen like this is very unpleasant and really strange...

I have been to an ENT and there is a hard wax coating on my right eardrum! I have to put Baby Oil drops in the ear for 10 days and then hope to have the ENT surgeon go in and remove the wax covering and debris so I can hear again in this ear.

Its been driving me nuts, it itches all the time and it plain sucks!!

So enjoy what you have when you have it..you never know what life will throw at you to rain on your parade!.

Sept 20th I go back and hope to 'get fixed' take care of your 'ears'!!

All the best
Alex
 :D

coke

I use ear drops and one of those blue bulbs.
 I had something similar happen to me before, so now i do preventative maintenance  :thumb:

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
I find that cortisone cream (not gel) helps with itching. I've also had luck by putting a couple of drops of rubbing alcohol in an ear whenever it gets overly itchy.

adydula

• Restricted
7 days to go to 'Ear Clog Removal'

LOL

Alex

dangerbird

best wishes and a speedy return for your hearing.

markie

In my early thirties I noticed that my hearing was diminishing. I went to a drop in clinic down the street  and the doctor said my ears were clogged with wax. I was told to buy some mineral oil which I would administer every day for some weeks to soften the wax. Then I and came back for the 'blow out' appointment.  I sat down with a catch basin next to my ear. The doctor used one of those rubber bulbs filled with warm water and squeezed a jet into each ear. This was excruciatingly painful, because my ears for some reason have always been very sensitive to any kind of probing. Anyways, the amount of wax that exploded out of each ear into that tray was beyond belief. I mean for each ear a basin of water one foot squared was totally covered with floating dark brown wax.  I thought he had blown my brains out!

But after that I was astonished at the acuity of my hearing. I could literally hear a pin drop on the other side of the room!

Happy hearing...

adydula

• Restricted
oh boy, I dont like that painful part at all but if its needed lets get it on!!

I am so looking forward to getting pass this one for sure!

Thanks for the kind words.

Alex

mchuckp

I hear ya.  I have sinus issues and if I am dealing with drainage issues and fly my ears can get REALLY bad.  To the point of extreme pain during descent.  Last time I had an issue it took about 10 days to get my ears to normalize.  I even went to the doctor and they really couldn't do anything other than let it works itself out.  I was honestly starting to freak out after about 5 days of barely being able to hear.

So I feel for you and hope all goes smoothly.  I would be EXTREMELY depressed if I had to ever give up my audio hobby.  I've gotten to the point where I will where earplugs at certain shows.  My wife dragged me to some lame rock show (will leave the name out to not embarrass anyone who likes them) and I said to myself before hand that there is NO WAY I'm ruining my hearing on this garbage.  I'm so glad I brought them as typical for a lot of rock shows.  It was WAY too loud.

Good luck my man.

jimdgoulding

Hope no one has to miss is to find out.  Take care of those ears.  Best. 

Nuance

7 days to go to 'Ear Clog Removal'

LOL

Alex

I wish you the best!  Here's hoping for a complete success and a speedy recovery  :beer:

chlorofille

• 8'' MTM with scanspeak 21w8554 & D2904 7100

Good to hear no one tried shoving cotton buds to clean the ear.
I had to learn the hard way - the wax got simply pushed deeper and settled on the eardrum !!

The mineral/baby oil works wonders. It softens the wax and allows it to flow out in a day or two.

I thought he had blown my brains out!

omg. sick!!  :green:

adydula

• Restricted
Thanks Guys!

5 days to the blowout event!!

OMG this is sick...

anyhow hey mchuckp did you sell your Ultravalve??? Why??

Alex
Plugged Up But Smiling!!

adydula

• Restricted
Well the doctor sucked the right ear clean today, not to painfull. She said I can see an eardrum!

Unfortnately it still has a 'fullness' feeling and its 'wet' from all the baby oil soaking each day for the last 10 days. Its really a strange feeling, it will take 3-4 weeks to dry out so the hearing comes back, really itchy and feels like its leaking all the time!!

OMG...I cant wait for this to pass!!

I am going to go into SongTower Ultravalve overload when this clears up!!

Now take care of your ears 'Johnny' and dont poke things in there where they dont belong!!

LOL

All the best
Alex

:duh: :nono: :oops: :slap:

Nuance

Alex,

I am glad to hear the procedure went well and wasn't too painful.  Heal quickly buddy!

OgOgilby

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery Alex. It is going to be like a major speaker/system upgrade when your ears clear up!

adydula

• Restricted
Well its going on 2+ months and my right ear is still not 100%. Went back to the docs after 3 weeks and 3 days of waiting for it to 'clear up' and it wasnt getting any better, leaking fluid etc.

Doc said this is not good, ears should not 'leak' or 'weep'. I thought this was the baby oil treatment weeping out, wrong it turned out to be a follow on fungal infection in the layers of my eardrum!! Another session of cleaning, suctioning and a hearing test. You know how a vacuum cleaner sounds when you suck up a flat object larger than the size of the pickup orfice? Well the doc actually did this to the eardrum, pawhooopm!! and moved it back and forth looking for perforations etc....what a wierd feeling.

So Its now another 10 days of anti fungal drops hoping this will finally clear up. Its moving on towards 3 months where I can not listen the way I really enjoy. I tried tonight for an hour and it was not great but is was better than a week ago.
(Big Smile).

Appreciate what you have it can be taken away so quickly. Fingers crossed!

All the best
Alex
 :thumb: :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Sorry to hear the problem persists Alex, here's hoping this round of treatment gets you back to 100%  in the near future.   :thumb:

TJC712

Sending some good thoughts your way....

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Sending some good thoughts your way....

Make that two waves of good thoughts.  I sure want to find you in perfect shape when I hit Boston again.   Cheers, dennis

funkmonkey

X3, Alex.

Good vibes, and heal quickly...  a few years back I had a similar situation where I lost most of the hearing in one ear due to some blockage, but thankfully I was able to get everything out of there after only a couple of days.  It was maddening, and no one else around me seemed to care all that much...  Good luck, bud.  I certainly feel for you.
-Greg