Prices to be updated on June 1st

jsalk

Re: Prices to be updated on June 1st
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:02 am »
gtommers -

Thanks.  It was an oversight and I am in the process of correcting it.

While the site looks the same, every single page on the site was redone from scratch (taking content from the original site).  So there are undoubtly quite a few bugs that will need attention.

I will try post comments about most of the significant changes/updates tomorrow.

- Jim

gtommers

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:07 am »
Happy to help, I like the new site design.

BTW, here are a few bad links I found:

The SongBird pricing link takes you to the SongCenter.

All the links on this page except the Songtower one take you to the Forum:
http://www.salksound.com/songseries%20speakers.htm

coke

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:50 am »
I see my speakers on the HT2-TL overview page!  That's so cool.  :thumb:

Mr_Superstar

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:10 pm »
Jim,

Another small bug, the SongBird's "Pricing" link takes me to the SongCenter's home page.

Scott

sarge_in

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2010, 04:35 pm »
Jim,

Nicely done! I especially found the Images section quite useful while I am still thinking about the veneers. One suggestion - it may be a good idea to put a pic of the Santos Rosewood w/ Red Dye STs I saw somewhere up there. I am not saying this just coz I like it (which I do :) .. a lot), but also coz Rosewood is a popular color and several speakers / subs have similar color. So it may be useful for people who may want to match it to their existing speakers or subs if any.

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2010, 04:56 pm »
Thanks.  I'll try and locate that photo and add it to the mix.

I was going to do a little write-up and explain all the decisions we have made regarding pricing, etc.  But we're getting ready to go to Capital Audiofest right now, so it will have to wait until we return.

Other than that, I think I have corrected all the bad links people have found so far.

- Jim

sarge_in

« Reply #26 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:19 pm »
Of course, no hurry.  I may have the pic somewhere too. Will email it to you soon.

Best of luck at the Audiofest - wish there were some of these on the west coast!

jsalk

« Reply #27 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:22 pm »
Of course, no hurry.  I may have the pic somewhere too. Will email it to you soon.

Best of luck at the Audiofest - wish there were some of these on the west coast!

How about San Francisco at the end of July?

- Jim

sarge_in

« Reply #28 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:40 pm »

- Jim

Oh that is tempting! Will surely look into it. Where can i read the details on this?

And I just noticed you took away the Speakers of the Month section that had so many more pics.  I miss it!!  I know it was somewhat outdated and is difficult to update, but to me the accompanying text and bit of a history showed me the personal touch that just can't be found ANYWHERE else. Of course the pics were very helpful too.. I wish you could put them somewhere still..  Of course, I have no idea what others felt about it.

coke

« Reply #29 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:48 pm »
Oh that is tempting! Will surely look into it. Where can i read the details on this?

And I just noticed you took away the Speakers of the Month section that had so many more pics.  I miss it!!  I know it was somewhat outdated and is difficult to update, but to me the accompanying text and bit of a history showed me the personal touch that just can't be found ANYWHERE else. Of course the pics were very helpful too.. I wish you could put them somewhere still..  Of course, I have no idea what others felt about it.

The more pictures the better in my opinion.  Not sure if it would be possible, but it would be nice if there was a picture of every nonstandard Salk speaker ever made on the website.

Back when I was deciding on a finish, I searched multiple forums, threads, etc... to try to get ideas, and it took a really long time.  It would be nice if i could have seen everything in one place.

It would also be nice if Jim hired a photographer ;)

jsalk

« Reply #30 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:58 pm »
Ah...if I only had more time.  Everything is possible.  I just have to find the time to do it.  Perhaps if we didn't have to build speakers we'd have more time to devote to things like this.

It would also be nice if Jim hired a photographer  :wink:

That will have to wait until the next major price increase (to cover the costs).  :wink:

- Jim

sarge_in

« Reply #31 on: 8 Jun 2010, 05:59 pm »
The more pictures the better in my opinion.  Not sure if it would be possible, but it would be nice if there was a picture of every nonstandard Salk speaker ever made on the website.

Back when I was deciding on a finish, I searched multiple forums, threads, etc... to try to get ideas, and it took a really long time.  It would be nice if i could have seen everything in one place.

It would also be nice if Jim hired a photographer ;)

Agree completely with all points!  It took me a few days to scan all posts here, as well as on avsforum. The more pics the better; and more consolidated, the better!

jsalk

« Reply #32 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:01 pm »
This time I left out the closeups.  Should we bring those back?

- Jim

cacophony777

« Reply #33 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:02 pm »

- Jim

If that happens, I'll definitely be there!  :D

cacophony777

« Reply #34 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:17 pm »
Agree completely with all points!  It took me a few days to scan all posts here, as well as on avsforum. The more pics the better; and more consolidated, the better!

Yes, definitely. I think just having a consolidated collection of owner's photos that have been posted in forums, etc would go a long way. Seeing how the model looks in various environments and lighting is very helpful (and fun!). Perhaps it could be a community driven effort through a wiki. I'd be happy to spend a few hours collecting Songtower photos from around the net if there's a place to put them.

ctouhey

« Reply #35 on: 8 Jun 2010, 06:34 pm »
I agree about the pictures.  I knew that Julie would not want to sit in front of a compter to look at pictures of speakers, so I made a 48 page Word document that contained about 40 Veracity of the Month pictures and write-ups that I "stole" from Jim's site.  It was certainly helpful in narrowing down choices for our HT3 veneer selection.  Plus, drinking wine and listening to music while sitting in the living room looking at the pictures was very pleasant!

Chris

mathgeek97

« Reply #36 on: 8 Jun 2010, 07:53 pm »
...so I made a 48 page Word document that contained about 40 Veracity of the Month pictures and write-ups that I "stole" from Jim's site.

That needs to be converted that to a pdf so Jim can post it on his site as a custom veneer brochure.  :)

sarge_in

« Reply #37 on: 8 Jun 2010, 08:13 pm »

- Jim

Yes please!

sarge_in

« Reply #38 on: 8 Jun 2010, 08:16 pm »
I agree about the pictures.  I knew that Julie would not want to sit in front of a compter to look at pictures of speakers, so I made a 48 page Word document that contained about 40 Veracity of the Month pictures and write-ups that I "stole" from Jim's site.  It was certainly helpful in narrowing down choices for our HT3 veneer selection.  Plus, drinking wine and listening to music while sitting in the living room looking at the pictures was very pleasant!

Chris

Thats nice! Even if Jim does not want to put it on his site, it would be helpful to post it here on the forum and maybe Jim can make it a sticky!  Let me know if you need help converting it to a PDF like mathgeek recommended.

Nuance

« Reply #39 on: 8 Jun 2010, 11:36 pm »

- Jim

Yes. :thumb: