Comparison -Tamp,Clari T/Modded Clari-T

powerbench

« on: 25 Jun 2005, 03:47 pm »
I had the oppurtunity to compare (both the modded  and stock ClariT ) to a borrowed T amp ,and I have to say the differences between the 3 are night and day.The T amp is a nice little amp ,fun and  not perfect but a great budget taste of audiophile sound.The ClariT is another beast !!!
The stock Clari t is a dramatic leap in terms of refinement and audiophile sound if  mated to the right source and speakers.Overall for the cost the ClariT is remarkable!

The modded ClariT with Black Gates,attenuator with the Auricaps is best described as a  much better,and smoother vintage of 'fine red wine'. It does everything better.Vinnie really knows his stuff.

I would say anyone looking at these initial mods definitely get the Black gates/Auricaps,a great improvement for the price!!!!The attenuator is a more precise volume control device,IMHO.

You'll never look back... :D

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Comparison -Tamp,Clari T/Modded Clari-T
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2005, 03:59 pm »
Quote from: powerbench
The jury is out.I have had the oppurtunity to compare the 3.

I had the oppurtunity to compare (both the modded  and stock ClariT ) to a borrowed T amp ,and I have to say the differences between the 2 are night and day.The T amp is a nice little amp ,fun and maybe not perfect but a great budget taste of audiophile sound.The ClariT is another beast !!!
The stock Clari t is a dramatic leap in terms of refinement and audiophile sound mated to the right source and speakers.Overall for the cost the ClariT is  ...

Hi powerbench,

Many thanks for posting your impressions of the various T's.

The next step up would be the monoblocks or custom dual-mono version, will all the goodies  :wink:   Not that I'm trying to put such ideas in your mind  :lol:

Dmason

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2005, 05:12 pm »
Just have to weigh in with agreement on that one; When I got the full-tilt job on the ClariT into the "Reali-T" I realized the two were completely different animals, and they sound quite different, to my ears. The upgrade is a real little firecracker, and punches waaaaaaay above its weight. I would have to say, (IMHO) it represented the best value in sound in a low power amp, which just happens to act like a much higher powered amp. Two completely different beasts, yes.

Powerbench,

It burns in almost imperceptibly slowly, down the road three months, it will be sweet, smooth, fast, punchy, all those inexact words to describe what it does. Put on Tchaikovsky's 'Nutcracker' to really hear the ClariT at its best.

powerbench

Mods,mods,mods,mods.......:)
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2005, 05:29 pm »
I agree Vinnie !! It be be cool to step up in performance but for me presently this is about elaborate i want to get LOL  !!

I look at performance vs.cost effectiveness  budget and this is the best bang for the  buck. 8)

:o .Im waiting and enjoying the improvements with time with the burn in etc....Time to listen to some music, sit back  and ENJOY :angel:

powerbench

Honestly....
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2005, 06:51 pm »
Id probably step up with a dual mono ,multiple rca with a dac eventually but I am showing restraint here.Vinnie is being overworked so i dont want to overstress/work :nono:  the guy