Signature 15 upgrade to my system

fitmartin

Signature 15 upgrade to my system
« on: 18 Apr 2012, 08:02 pm »
Newbie to this forum!
been into music and audio systems since the late 70's and have over the years had every type of amplifier from single ended Western Electric 300b tube costing high dollars to the simplest chip integrateds.

I use highly efficient full range driver based ZU Omen bookshelf speakers 98db supplemented with a Polk powered 12" sub with crossover set to the lowest regions with modest gain just to fill in the lower regions.

This amplifier is in the company of some of the finest equipment I have heard regardless of price!

Well balanced and highly recommend with efficient transducers.

I live in a remote mountain location in Canada and was seeking an upgrade with personal customer service and care.

Enter Vinnie...

and after much research and speaking to a friend who had experienced a transaction with him began the process of purchase.
Within a few days a well packed parcel arrived to remote British Columbia containing this miraculous little amplifier.

The inner detail at any volume is clear and concise...one cannot say that of many class AB amps at very low volume levels.

Now the fun begins with tubes of various manufacture to be auditioned and enjoyed!

Thanks and gratitude for making every phase of this upgrade and pleasurable and satisfying journey.

I look forward to a long relationship with Red Wine Audio! :thumb:

Cheers!

Martin Michael

Alwayswantmore

Re: Signature 15 upgrade to my system
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2012, 01:33 pm »
As a fellow Sig 15 owner, it's great to hear your comments. I've had my share of amps over the years. Most 2 - 3 times the price of this unit. IMO, the Sig 15 is worthy of speakers and associated gear well beyond its price point. I've only heard a couple tubes, both recommended by Vinnie, and the sound was a nice step up from stock. And have yet to hear a pinched waist, which is my ultimate dream for this amp. Kent

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Signature 15 upgrade to my system
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2012, 03:16 pm »
Hi Martin,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

First, this means a lot to me and is what we strive for with all our customers - thank you:

I look forward to a long relationship with Red Wine Audio!

We have been getting a lot of good feedback recently from our Signature 15 customers who are using Zu's, as well as Tektons - and I'm glad you are finding this as well!

Please keep us posted when you delve into tube rolling.  Mullard CV2492s, Miniwatt Dario 7308s, Amperex PQ 7308s (and yes, those expensive but very seductive Amperex Pinched Waist) tubes have been great matches with the Signature 15!

Happy listening!

Vinnie