Thiel CS6 Speakers for Sale

ngamountains

Thiel CS6 Speakers for Sale
« on: 27 May 2018, 01:55 am »
I have owned these speakers since 2012, and bought them from an individual who bought them at a liquidation auction of a dealer that was going out of business.  I drove 14 hours round trip to pick them up, and haven't regretted it one day, as several other pairs of speakers have come and gone, and always these have stayed.  That said, I have just made a significant commitment to buy a new pair of Legacy Aeris, so it is time for someone else to enjoy these. 

Per discussion with Tim DeYoung of Thiel, back when Thiel was Thiel, these speakers date from 2004, in the context of a speaker that was introduced in 1998 and made until 2007.  They are in excellent cosmetic condition from the listening seat with grilles on. Corners are almost unbelievably sharp considering their age, and how difficult they are to move about.  There is one small scratch on the top of one speaker which I have shown in a photo.  With the grilles off, things go downhill somewhat, but as I have the grilles on all the time it has never bothered me and the sound is fantastic.  Both woofer dust caps have deformations, one much larger than the other; see photographs.  Also one speaker has some chipping of the front baffle at the upper right corner which it appears someone then painted over to roughly match the baffle finish.  My cosmetic assessment is pretty picky, and if you came to see these in person I think you would be extremely pleased at the condition of these speakers, considering they are going on 15 years old and 180 pounds each. 

I do not have any boxes for these, so they will be for pickup only in the north Atlanta, GA suburbs, and you can drive them home wrapped in blankets as I did.  Asking $2500 2300.  Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see something in a photograph that I have not shown.  Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2018, 10:54 pm by ngamountains »

ngamountains

Re: Thiel CS6 Speakers for Sale
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2018, 10:53 pm »
Bump.  Have been out of town for several weeks but now back, and Aeris have just arrived.  Priced reduction to $2300.  Thanks