Roberts Acoustics at RMAF

sbrtoy

Roberts Acoustics at RMAF
« on: 16 Sep 2008, 09:02 pm »
AC'ers,

We will be in room 441 at RMAF and will have on hand plenty of goodies for you to enjoy.  I am looking forward to getting more exposure for our speaker offerings, it is hard to get a market foothold without reviews etc. so now you can all be the judge of our sound.

I have listed what we are bringing below, be sure to stop by with your favorite tunes and let us know what you think!

Speakers:
Roberts Acoustics Rapide and Mercury and their matching subs
Mark & Daniel Sapphires

Electronics:
Vincent SP-T800 Monoblocks and SA-T8 preamp both from their new premium line
PS Audio A-100 and P-200
PS Audio DAC Link 3 running from a Macbook via USB and also from a transport
PS Audio GCPH phono stage

Power & Cabling:
PS Audio Juice Bar 2 and Power Plant Premier
PS Audio Power cabling
Kimber Speaker cable and IC's

Analog:
Cross my fingers I should have a Scoutmaster on hand to spin vinyl!
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2008, 09:57 pm by sbrtoy »

sbrtoy

Re: Roberts Acoustics at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2008, 08:37 pm »
Will also have a pair of Mark & Daniel Minis and our own Mercury monitor and sub in the room to show off, they are both quite incredible for their size.
« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2008, 09:57 pm by sbrtoy »

sbrtoy

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2008, 08:22 pm »
Look forward to seeing many of you at RMAF this weekend, for those attending be sure to ask about our show specials on our demo pieces as well!

We are in Room 441 and hope you put us on your list to visit!

sbrtoy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2008, 03:10 pm »
Room is ready to go with two systems up and running as of late last night, be sure to stop by and visit us in #441 if you are attending.

sbrtoy

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2008, 05:17 pm »
Thanks to those who stopped by for a listen, we would love to hear your comments about the sound from those who made the show!

ltr317

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2008, 05:42 pm »
Thanks to those who stopped by for a listen, we would love to hear your comments about the sound from those who made the show!

Hi. I thought the Roberts speakers with Vincent electronics sounded impressive.  The system setup was tonally balanced with very good clarity/detail and without treble glare.  I thought it was the best sounding system in the $5,000-$10,000 price point.  As soon as I can make sense of my notes, I will post a more comprehensive show report in one of the general RMAF circle threads.

Paul
NYC

sbrtoy

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2008, 10:56 pm »
A nice mention from Stereomojo on our room, hopefully more to come...

http://www.stereomojo.com/ROCKY%20MOUNTAIN%20AUDIO%20FEST%202008%20SHOW%20REPORT/ROCKYMOUNTAINAUDIOFESTSHOWREPORTPART4.htm

Also we are again offering the Rapides in Red, we had some paint issues at first but have resolved them now if anyone is interested in their own little Ferarri's  :wink:.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:24 pm »
Darn, I really wanted to hear your speakers Sam ... but seems like I never get over to that second tower since I can only sneak out of my room for 5-10 minutes at a time.  We were showing in the other tower on the 9th floor.  I'm sure they sound excellent, and clearly are a screaming good deal!

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:32 pm »
Door was locked when I was there, forgot to try back.  :duh:

Lin

sbrtoy

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2008, 11:57 pm »
Door was locked when I was there, forgot to try back.  :duh:

Lin

We duct-taped the latch so we didn't prop the door like many did, unfortunately it seems a few times it did get stuck as we had someone else come back who said they couldn't get in the first time...I guess we need to find another way, I hate leaving it propped on the safety latch as so much more external sound gets in...

JDarby - Stereomojo.com

• Stereomojo.com
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2008, 09:35 pm »
A nice mention from Stereomojo on our room, hopefully more to come...

http://www.stereomojo.com/ROCKY%20MOUNTAIN%20AUDIO%20FEST%202008%20SHOW%20REPORT/ROCKYMOUNTAINAUDIOFESTSHOWREPORTPART4.htm

We were all very impressed with Roberts Acoustics at the show. We look forward to working with them on some reviews.

sbrtoy

« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2008, 05:02 am »
Another report with more pics: http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue39/rmaf084.htm

Also I just posted to our site a new upgrade I have been testing for the Rapide as well which adds Mundorf Silver/Oil caps to the woofer (same caps used on tweeter), and Bybee Quantum Purifiers on all drivers for $800.  This was not ready for RMAF and the pair we showed there was the $2399 standard version.   For $3199 the upgraded model offers superior resolution without adding any hardness to the sound.

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2008, 11:55 am »
Hi Sam,

You are offering a lot of speaker for the price that you are selling them.

I hope you sell a bucket load of them. 

Are you going to have them reviewed?

Regards

Rod

sbrtoy

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2008, 02:46 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Rod, I am working with several people who inquired about reviews at the show so hopefully you will be seeing something soon. 

Below are the retail prices on what we showed at RMAF, we got lots of positive comments on the sound despite not using anything ridiculously expensive. This system can be built brick by brick and the monitors are an easy load so they do not need a monster amp like the Vincents we showed with to power them.

Speakers- Roberts Acoustics Rapide Monitors $2399, Roberts Acoustics Vigor Subwoofer $899

Amplification- Vincent Audio SP-T800 Monoblock Amplifier $2449 each, Vincent SA-T8 Preamplifier $2499

Sources- PS Audio DAC Link III $995, PS Audio GCPH Phono Stage $995, VPI Table/Benz MC20L, Macbook Laptop with Apple Lossless files

Power- PS Audio Power Plant Premier $2195, PS Audio Juice Bar II $199

Cables- Kimber Kable Interconnects, Kimber Bi-Focal X Speaker Cables, Kimber USB cable, PS Audio Prelude and Punch Power Cords

Accessories- Tone Dynamics Acoustic Panels $40 and up, VTI Stands $200