HELP servo amp for OB bass not mono?

kyrill

HELP servo amp for OB bass not mono?
« on: 30 Nov 2008, 05:23 pm »
Hi
I am in a pressing time constraint. I have persuaded my wife to possess the family dinner table to measure my OB speakers with Danny's and Brian's Servo amp and woofers.

I lived in the complete idea that i needed one amp for one channel. I have 2 16R woofers for every channel ( parallel configuration). SO i have total 4 woofers and 2 amps.

Now i got the dinner table and wanted to set up amps and woofers and find to my surprise a stereo input. how do I connect a single interconnect to the amp? I don't see a mono choice on the amp.
If i pick one L or R, is the other channel not working?

front  microphone for DEQX measurements not installed yet

back

kyrill

Re: HELP servo amp for OB bass not mono?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2008, 05:45 pm »
hmm i was stressed too fast?

I did trial and error and i notice both inputs ( L or R) makes both the drivers react
 May i suppose the amp is configured internally in mono fashion?

regards
K

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2008, 07:12 pm »
It will play when only the left input is used or when only the right input is used, or you can use them both and it will sum both of them together.

kyrill

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2008, 07:29 pm »
Hi Danny
It will play when only the left input is used or when only the right input is used, do you mean that the other channel of  the amp will not play ( being idle?) or you can use them both and it will sum both of them together. how do I play both? Do I use an Y adapter,  the interconnect on the bottom leg and the split top legs each goes to an input of the amp?  This way will I use double power utilizing both channels of the amp?

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2008, 07:38 pm »
There are no two channels. It is a single channel or mono amp. You can use either input or both.

kyrill

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2008, 09:37 pm »
Ok : )

Meataxe

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2008, 09:40 pm »
I think the 'auto on' works from the LH channel.

kyrill

« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2008, 11:52 pm »
LH?

Meataxe

« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec 2008, 03:59 am »
Left Hand :scratch:

WerTicus

« Reply #9 on: 1 Dec 2008, 06:24 am »
most 'stereo' sources are mono below 80hz anyway.

kyrill

« Reply #10 on: 1 Dec 2008, 10:24 am »
i noticed it works when i experimented
botch amp channels steer the driver.
my concern was only, do I use both channels of the amp when using one input be it L or R? As i want to use the full potential of the power the amp is capable of( did not know LH is left hand as why would you use LH  if L would do as well;) and i am not a native E speaker..)

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 1 Dec 2008, 02:03 pm »
my concern was only, do I use both channels of the amp when using one input be it L or R?

You understand that there isn't two channels of the amp right? There is only one channel.

kyrill

« Reply #12 on: 1 Dec 2008, 03:20 pm »
yes i do now :) i realize ( also) now that for one mono sub you need L+R input channels

when my setup is ready i will give review  preferably with non owners as listeners too