Greetings from Norway - I will soon buy speakers and cables from GR Research

Sandbakk

• Dipole is my choice of speaker construction.
Hello, and greetings from Tromsø - Norway at 69 degrees north, about 340km north of the Arctic Circle.

I have a mild version of ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome), and although I am technically educated and can think from experience logic, I still often have to get everything presented to me in detail in order to understand it. So Please try to forgive that I ask questions that for many of you are completely obvious.

I am a relaxed music lover, where the music system is mainly meant to give me musical pleasures, I am not so concerned with the microscopic variations different elements in the sound chain can give. My goal is to eventually build a system I can practically "hide and forget".

As of today, I have a Bluesound Node 2i streamer, a Primaluna EVO 100 DAC, a Primaluna Prologue Premium integrated amplifier, and a pair of Lii Audio Big Betsy F15 Medium. These speakers play very well, but they do not work as well in my ears for more complex and complicated music, such as big band orchestras and classical symphonies. I will therefore, as soon as the economy dictates it, buy a set of either NX-Treme or NX-Otica together with a pair of Servo Sub Kit 4 or 5.

In addition, I consider power cables as well, but there I have a question I need to get answered first, this comes in a separate thread.

Sincerely
Bjørn Erik Sandbakk
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2021, 10:10 pm by Sandbakk »

Phil A

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Welcome!

On a cultural exchange after high school I spent 5 weeks with a family from Finland and we traveled to Norway and Sweden via lapland in August where the sun never sat.  Hate to think of what winter is like for you, but can see the attraction to tube gear.

Picking loudspeakers is hard to do, especially if you've never heard them.  Hard for loudspeakers to be the ideal for all musical genres.  But do try to buy to suit your taste and your room.  Large loudspeakers for large rooms, smaller ones for smaller rooms.  In 50 years the best all around loudspeakers I've heard/owned have been JBL 708P ($3900/pair, 2-way active monitors, with built-in DACs and 250 watt amps) although I've stuck with 16 year old commissioned Bob Brines FTA-2000 single driver transmission line loaded floor standers that suit my taste.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Welcome.  And the GR Research speakers will be a very nice step up over what you have now.