Tube pre with Bryston amps

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Tube pre with Bryston amps
« Reply #60 on: 9 Dec 2023, 08:04 pm »
It has been my experience that Bryston amps coupled with an accomplished tube pre amp fleshes out the linearity of the Bryston.Presentation is richer and more complete over the musical spectrum.This fidelity cannot be achieved with solid state.

Disagree !

james

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #61 on: 9 Dec 2023, 08:16 pm »
Looking at the 4 current posts (the others are 7+ years old, didn't read) 3 of them disagree with you and the fourth one even moved away from the amp.  :lol:

Define better.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #62 on: 9 Dec 2023, 10:34 pm »
I think there is a difference between Accuracy and Preference. And  a difference between Production and Re-Production.
And there is nothing wrong with that but solid state done right is simply more accurate to the original in my opinion.

james

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #63 on: 10 Dec 2023, 12:47 pm »
:argue:

Don't see the word better in my post.

Oops, quoted the wrong post.  As long as I've been here, you'd think I would be able to quote correctly, my apologies please.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #64 on: 10 Dec 2023, 12:48 pm »
I have to admit these are some funny posts!  Guys, simply purchase a Bryston preamp and stop subscribing to "Audio Nervosa".  You'll also enjoy better sound than 98% of tube preamps on the market.
Define better.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #65 on: 10 Dec 2023, 04:28 pm »
I think there is a difference between Accuracy and Preference. And  a difference between Production and Re-Production.
And there is nothing wrong with that but solid state done right is simply more accurate to the original in my opinion.

james

Absolutely agree James. As sexy as that tubed Pre was in the midrange with the Bryston Amp is was colored and did NOT represent real music.

charles

charles

bunkertoy

« Reply #66 on: 16 Dec 2023, 03:53 pm »
I have a VTL 2.5 tube preamp paired with Bryston 3B Cubed. I use to have a Bryston Bp25(sounded great), I really like the tube pre, but it could be my older more sensitive ears just finding the tube combo less harsh. My ears are not as accurate anymore. It might be a more coloured sound, but I'm enjoying it. That's all that matters in this hobby.

Happy listening..........

TJ-Sully

« Reply #67 on: 26 Dec 2023, 03:27 pm »
Wow, this thread originated 12 years ago!  How awesome is that :). Love this topic.

Of all the preamps I’ve had in my room, the BP26 is one of the best I’ve ever heard. In my system and room, the BP26 is smooth, thick and works wonders in the bottom end. Bass impact, tone and texture is simply amazing. 

I wonder how the BR-20 compares..

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #68 on: 26 Dec 2023, 06:23 pm »
  Synergy matters. Voicing matters. It is a SYSTEM best left to the Manf. Listen to a complete Bryston system. Nothing else needed.

charles

TJ-Sully

« Reply #69 on: 27 Dec 2023, 12:01 am »
Totally man.  But, as someone said earlier, it’s all about what makes us happy.  In this lens, nothing is better than the other. 
It’s all relative to our own unique values and preferences.   

Having said that…an all Bryston system rocks!  :D.   my first all Bryston system was in 2013.   I was so excited to get the Mini T’s.

crad

« Reply #70 on: 27 Dec 2023, 06:02 am »
But, as someone said earlier, it’s all about what makes us happy.  In this lens, nothing is better than the other. 
It’s all relative to our own unique values and preferences.

I totally agree! Everyone has their own ear, systems, rooms and taste's; and it's constantly evolving. This hobby is all about listening to the music we love, and whatever it is that keeps us in the chair listening until the sun comes up and smiling; is a win!

To a Happy New Year and to Happy listening! Cheers