Ultralam cleaning

DazzaT

Ultralam cleaning
« on: 12 Sep 2023, 02:46 am »
Hi - new to the group and new owner to a pair of X3s.  I was wondering what’s the preferred cleaning method? TIA.

Mr. Big

Re: Ultralam cleaning
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2023, 03:38 pm »
Hi - new to the group and new owner to a pair of X3s.  I was wondering what’s the preferred cleaning method? TIA.

I use a spray on car wax on a cloth and it looks great I think that is what they recommend also if I recall correctly. I would guess a good furniture polish done the same way would look good also. I also dust them once a month behind the speakers to keep them clean looking. 

RonN5

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2023, 04:45 pm »
This is the product that Clayton suggested when I asked.....

Spatial Audio

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2023, 05:28 pm »
Yes - this product is amazing. And it does not leave any waxy residue. Feels silky. We buy it in the gallon size and wipe it on every product after the QC process and to remove dust around the shop. Love it!

Clayton

DazzaT

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2023, 01:36 am »
Thanks Clayton.

Nick B

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2023, 04:55 am »
That product from Mother's seems very interesting. Any idea what other types of surfaces it could be used on?

James Edward

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2023, 08:31 pm »
This might be good for my subs- but it’s way too cheap. We should stop talking about it.
I think ‘Father’s Loudspeaker Shine and Polish’ at 75 dollars for 2 ounces would sell at Audio Advisor, Music Direct, Crutchfield, etc.

Nick B

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2023, 04:07 am »
This might be good for my subs- but it’s way too cheap. We should stop talking about it.
I think ‘Father’s Loudspeaker Shine and Polish’ at 75 dollars for 2 ounces would sell at Audio Advisor, Music Direct, Crutchfield, etc.

Good thinking, Jim! Let me know how you like it 💰💰💰😆

Tarheel

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2023, 12:12 pm »
Inspired by this thread I used Mothers on my M4s with Sapele baffles.  Applied product with a microfiber cloth.  Took maybe 5 minutes. Clayton is right about the smooth feel and lack of tackiness.