Where is everybody?

werd

Where is everybody?
« on: 5 Mar 2009, 05:59 am »
Folks where r all the new sst/2 owners and how come u guys arent posting?. I have had this amp for almost a week and i cant believe it.
I have a world class piece of gear in my house for under $4k. If u guys think the bda-1 and bcd were good wait to u spend some time with the sst/2. DrummerMitchell u r goin to be floored and need of parametics not to long after u get those 28's.

This 4b is so analogue and so much power its amazing, i am really happy :D.  All the claims made by Bryston are legit and by no means exagerrating. The noise floor on this is.... well there is none. It doesnt send highs into digital chaos, its all analogue.....

good job and thanku

werd

predrag

Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2009, 10:40 am »
Hello werd!

Who said we are not posting?
This is a photo of my (almost) all Bryston setup.
I have been carefully following threads when BCD1 was about to arrive, after that BDA1 and now SST squared´s.
It is very interesting to read other user´s reviews.
There is another thread where James mentiones QUAD´s electrostsats.
Hopefully next weekend I will have them here for a week.
All I can say that I am enjoying my Bryston´s from the first to the last watt!
Well, not really last watt as it would be way too loud!
Just like yourself I am very happy!  :thumb:

AnthonyH

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2009, 12:27 pm »
Hi predrag

Wonderful system!  :drool:

How are you finding the Wadia 170i Transport? I'm quite interested in getting one as soon as I can get my Bryston DAC.

Cheers
A

werd

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2009, 02:27 pm »
Thats a great foto

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:07 pm »
That is a nice looking setup,and I'm chomping at the bit as my 28s are waiting for me :cry:,
6 days before the wife heads out.
I'm curious as to how much of a difference the power indicator lights are to the SSTS,anybody.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:17 pm »
That is a nice looking setup,and I'm chomping at the bit as my 28s are waiting for me :cry:,
6 days before the wife heads out.
I'm curious as to how much of a difference the power indicator lights are to the SSTS,anybody.

I am not sure I am following this correctly but there have not been any changes in the LED indicator lights between the SST and the SST Squared.  The front panel power switch was changed but it does not light up?

james

werd

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:22 pm »
I made a post about led lights yesterday that kinda set drummer off and worrying about it, but i think u will be ok, The only thing u have to worry about i would say is size and she might not notice that. Lets hope not.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:24 pm »
I made a post about led lights yesterday that kinda set drummer off and worrying about it, but i think u will be ok, The only thing u have to worry about i would say is size and she might not notice that. Lets hope not.

I hate it when women notice the size!

james

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:31 pm »
She  hasn't said anything yet,things must be good,yet could  be the other way around hmmm,
Alrighty then,back to the SST2 :thumb:

werd

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2009, 03:43 pm »
Hey predrag do u live in Canada?

audiophilist

« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2009, 07:49 pm »
Hello Werd,

I just joined Audio Circles today, with a slight push from the one & only Mr. James Tanner. I recently found this Bryston Owners circle by accident in november of last year. Better late than never. Didn't even know it existed. Glad I found it. Werd, my history with Bryston amplifiers is as follows:
(1.) Bryston 4B-ST 10+ years ago after a few different amps for a period of about 1 year.
(2.) Upgraded to Bryston 4B-SST
(3.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST
(4.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST2 in January

I agree with your positive comments completely, especially with noise floor being absent. I seek neutrality & I have never been disappointed, not one bit with my BRYSTON equipment. I probably will remain a loyal BRYSTON customer, as long as BRYSTON keeps developing the goodies!
Thank you BRYSTON, the other loyal BRYSTON owners, & THANK YOU MR. JAMES TANNER, for the few chats we have had over the last few years.
Audiophilist-(Mitch G.) :thumb: :D 

predrag

« Reply #11 on: 5 Mar 2009, 08:33 pm »
Thank you for your compliments dear Brystons coleagues!
Recently my four HiFi friends and myself had a session where we wanted to get the answer what plays better:
a)System shown in my photo hereabove:
    iPOD + Wadia transport 170i + BDA1  (connected via digital cable)
    (iPOD played losless format)
OR
b) BCD1
It was a blind A/B test where we had to guess what plays at the moment.
It was very hard to distinguish one from the other and the result was only around 60% correct answers.
Note: If one guessed even without listening theoretically he could have 50% correct answers!
So, at the end our unanimous conclusion was: there is very little or no difference and that a good D/A converter is what really makes it play music.
I was resisting to let this digital disease into my listening room for a year or two but now...
Well, this iPOD toy has 160Gb what means about 500 albums in losless accessible within few seconds - very covenient!
Our local dealer and friend has been present at our session and is now offering iPOD+Wadia 170i+BDA1 as a set with some price advantage compared to individual components.
Throughout the last two years I have been following with great interest introduction of BCD1 then BDA1 and now SST sqared amps.
It is obvious that James and others from Bryston had a good vision of how things are going to develop!
Everybody involved in this hobby has heard of new Brystons digital components and I feel priviledged to have them at home!
Look at the cover page of Stereophile and HiFi Choice it is Brystons all over cover pages like never before - incredible!

@werd: I live in Zagreb - Croatia - SE Europe

@drummermitchell: what do ya think why are my components all in the same grey/silver colour. In natural sciences they call it - mimicry.  :lol:

BrystonFan

« Reply #12 on: 6 Mar 2009, 12:48 am »
Wow
The rear is as impressive as the front!
What type of cables are you using?

Also, can I use the Wadia+BDA-1 DAC with an SP2 ?
Digital connection from the BDA-1 to a digital-in to the SP2...

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #13 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:32 am »
Very cool system, predrag!  8)

I just have the BP6P and the 4BSST. Not quite as good looking as yours, but simple yet effective!

How do you like the BP 1.5?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #14 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:33 am »
Hello Werd,

I just joined Audio Circles today, with a slight push from the one & only Mr. James Tanner. I recently found this Bryston Owners circle by accident in november of last year. Better late than never. Didn't even know it existed. Glad I found it. Werd, my history with Bryston amplifiers is as follows:
(1.) Bryston 4B-ST 10+ years ago after a few different amps for a period of about 1 year.
(2.) Upgraded to Bryston 4B-SST
(3.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST
(4.) Upgraded to Bryston 14B-SST2 in January

I agree with your positive comments completely, especially with noise floor being absent. I seek neutrality & I have never been disappointed, not one bit with my BRYSTON equipment. I probably will remain a loyal BRYSTON customer, as long as BRYSTON keeps developing the goodies!
Thank you BRYSTON, the other loyal BRYSTON owners, & THANK YOU MR. JAMES TANNER, for the few chats we have had over the last few years.
Audiophilist-(Mitch G.) :thumb: :D 

Welcome to the forum!

predrag

« Reply #15 on: 6 Mar 2009, 11:13 am »
Wow
The rear is as impressive as the front!
What type of cables are you using?

Also, can I use the Wadia+BDA-1 DAC with an SP2 ?
Digital connection from the BDA-1 to a digital-in to the SP2...

Hi BrystonFan,

My cables are all Atlas.
The violet interconnects are XLR Elektra
Speaker cables are bi-wire Ichor´s.
The black ones connecting BP26 and 7B´s are Mavros RCA.
The only wite one is some Atlas digital cable (dunno what model).
I dont have SP2 so maybe better ask James.
Usually I hate cables. These expensive wires were a part of the whole purchase deal with Bryston dealership.
Normally no way that I would give so much money for cables only.

predrag

« Reply #16 on: 6 Mar 2009, 11:22 am »

I just have the BP6P and the 4BSST. Not quite as good looking as yours, but simple yet effective!

Hi Vegasdave,

I traded in 4BSST when buying 7BSST. I didn´t know I was going to get the squared ones in December! Bryston thank you once again!
In fact for normal listening at home 4BSST is just the right measure. I was happy with mine!
BP 1.5 is a fine piece of gear! I had for one month in my room Rega P5 turntable with Exact cartridge.
I decided to wait and in future take P9. So, BP1.5 is now unfortunately collecting dust.

AnthonyH

« Reply #17 on: 6 Mar 2009, 11:41 am »
Thanks predrag,

I did think that here would be next to no difference between the DAC and CDP. I've heard about jitter and all manner of other things that affect the sound quality but in the end if I can't hear it then it doesn't matter.

The DAC will have a longer future with high(er) definition audio and is most definitely on my buying list.

I agree with the other sentiments here.  Bryston kit will be in my system for a very long time, never been happier with the music!

predrag

« Reply #18 on: 6 Mar 2009, 12:13 pm »
Thanks predrag,

I did think that here would be next to no difference between the DAC and CDP. I've heard about jitter and all manner of other things that affect the sound quality but in the end if I can't hear it then it doesn't matter.

The DAC will have a longer future with high(er) definition audio and is most definitely on my buying list.

I agree with the other sentiments here.  Bryston kit will be in my system for a very long time, never been happier with the music!

Hi AnthonyH,

I agree with you.
BDA1 is the future regardless of transport used.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #19 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:52 pm »

Hi Vegasdave,

I traded in 4BSST when buying 7BSST. I didn´t know I was going to get the squared ones in December! Bryston thank you once again!
In fact for normal listening at home 4BSST is just the right measure. I was happy with mine!
BP 1.5 is a fine piece of gear! I had for one month in my room Rega P5 turntable with Exact cartridge.
I decided to wait and in future take P9. So, BP1.5 is now unfortunately collecting dust.

hi, predrag!

i own a bp 1.5, too. my turntable has a Rega 300 tonearm. do you think a 'Benz ACE L' would be a good match?

thanx,

al.