LessLoss Firewall Modules use?

kenreau

LessLoss Firewall Modules use?
« on: 10 Jul 2015, 05:32 pm »
Curious if anyone here has/is using these Firewall modules from LessLoss?

http://www.lessloss.com/firewall-module-p-216.html

Every review and comment I've read looks positive and that has me wondering why these aren't mentioned more often.  They've apparently be around a few years.

Only interested in comments from actual experience, good or bad.  Trolls and uninformed naysayers please move along.

Thanks
Kenreau

adamaley

Re: LessLoss Firewall Modules use?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2016, 07:20 pm »
You must have really scared away the trolls and uninformed naysayers. I myself was hoping to find some input from real users in this thread, but it appears that the motivating factor of most of the posts you find in threads is negativity and posturing.

Folsom

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2016, 07:52 pm »
It's not that I don't believe the product works, it's the mystery meat factor that keeps me away. Also I find it irritating when places advertise "no caps, no coils" since neither are bad, just misused at times.

But I'd love to hear someone's experience. That might change my mind.

beowulf

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2016, 09:36 am »
I've probably been on their website a dozen times, yet still don't know exactly what most of their stuff does.  I find them of similar ilk to Synergistic Research as it seems as every LessLoss product gives you "blacker" blacks.  I would like to know more about them though ... what are the Firewall modules supposed to do exactly and can you point me to some reviews?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2016, 01:23 pm »
You can't put anything in a box that small that will be effective on a AC power line.

maxima95

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2016, 02:53 pm »
Curious if anyone here has/is using these Firewall modules from LessLoss?

Only interested in comments from actual experience, good or bad.  Trolls and uninformed naysayers please move along.

Thanks
Kenreau

sts9fan

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2016, 03:32 pm »
No caps, could or resisters. I bet it's just a twisted pair and a separate gnd. But wood!!!!