Kismet pictures and first impression

Peter NL

Kismet pictures and first impression
« on: 4 Oct 2009, 03:10 pm »
First impression of Kismet Stereo, playing for about 130 hours until now:
It gives so much more details, a super clean sound, an open and dynamic live-like sound with more depth.
Klaus did an awsome good job.......
300 hours to go ! and it becomes better & better every day......

zimonsays

Re: Kismet pictures and first impression
« Reply #1 on: 4 Oct 2009, 03:42 pm »
Wow, very nice :thumb: :drool: :thumb: How about a picture of whats under the hood.....Enjoy

srb

« Reply #2 on: 4 Oct 2009, 04:10 pm »
It is puzzling to me that a manufacturer who has a new product line out, and those products are for sale, would not have that product line available on their website.

There are menu selections for 5 Kismet line products, but they have been non-operational for months.

Steve

slow_down

« Reply #3 on: 5 Oct 2009, 01:01 pm »
It is puzzling to me that a manufacturer who has a new product line out, and those products are for sale, would not have that product line available on their website.

Genius and dysfunction often go hand in hand!  Either that or Klaus believes the more difficult he makes it to learn about and buy his stuff, the more you will want to...

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2009, 08:13 pm »
Nice pics. I was trying to search the net for Kismet specs when I found this site:

http://www.armonia-avm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589&sid=499eef9213857d41e8b28851c2d226a7

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2009, 08:15 pm »
Odyssey makes killer looking stuff.. if they sound half as good as they look, you have a winner

ducky7566

« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2009, 06:46 am »
[quote author = Peter NL link = topic = 72270.msg676654 # msg676654 date = 1254669003]
 Premi?re impression de Kismet st?r?o, jouant pour environ 130 heures jusqu'? maintenant:
 Il donne des d?tails bien plus encore, un son super clean, un cadre ouvert et dynamique live-comme le son avec plus de profondeur.
 Klaus a fait un bon travail awsome .......
 300 heures pour aller! et il devient meilleur et mieux chaque jour ......

Hi Peter ...
ducky, the frenchy ...  :wink:
I am in awe of the KIMSET IN BLACK! beautiful ... :drool: :o
Can you tell me what diference you begin to distinguish between kimset and stratos mono  extr?me  ...  :roll: :roll:

I am very happy with my blocks, but we all still looking better ...

My latest development is ... Drive PMDT proceed in source  8)
my current compo:
2 stratos mono extreme, preamp audioresearch SP 16, 3 D converter DAC LAB 2000 24 / 96, PROCEED PMDT, SPEAKERS INFINITY KAPPA 8a, AND JBL TI 250 ... not bad eh ?????  :P
pleasure to read you ...
 :wink:

PS... who can tell me how to do to put images on the topic , please... thank's :oops:

[img] http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery; = sa vue, l'image = 30500 [/ img] [img] http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action = gallery; sa = view; Picture = 30501 [/ img]
 [/ quote]

jhm731

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2009, 06:03 am »

There are menu selections for 5 Kismet line products, but they have been non-operational for months.

Steve

The links still don't work.

What are the specs/pricing?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #8 on: 8 Nov 2009, 04:37 am »
I am sorry guys but What do you prefer ? Updated and flashy web site with average products or better give Klaus a call (317) 299 5578 and find out while having a nice chat with mainman Klaus ?

I know Kismet section is long due, but consider Kismet phono specs were released just recently, it's page is ready but waiting for approval to be published, regarding the amps still I have no pics and final specs.

Please, I/we beg your understanding.

AnalogDog

Klaus once told me that the biggest jump in sound quality with the Stratos was when you went to the monoblocs. So, does a Kismet stereo amp spank a pair of the Stratos Extreme monoblocs? Curious minds need to know!

jhm731

« Reply #10 on: 9 Nov 2009, 05:48 am »
I spoke to Klaus last week.

Obviously a very busy man since the TAS review.

The Kismet Stereo is $2500.

The chrome legs shown in this thread are an extra cost option.

Like AnalogDog, I'd love to hear if the Kismet stereo amp spanks a pair of the Stratos Extreme monoblocs.

BookerHifi

« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2009, 01:05 am »
If you mind me asking what are the specs of the kismet monos?

jhm731

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2009, 03:29 am »

Got an email from Klaus with this info:

"As for the specs,  look in between the Stratos and the Extreme models,  and it is $ 2,500 / stereo and $ 4,900 / monos."

djbnh

« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2009, 11:04 am »

Got an email from Klaus with this info:

"As for the specs,  look in between the Stratos and the Extreme models,  and it is $ 2,500 / stereo and $ 4,900 / monos."
Can't believe anyone got a e-mail from Klaus!  :lol:

djbnh

« Reply #14 on: 21 Nov 2009, 05:10 pm »
FYI - I note there are pictures of a pair of Kismet monos for sale here (no affiliation with seller). Additionally, the person indicates his unit has the following: "special custom upgrades, caps, cables and chrome feet". FYI - what's sitting atop the rear of the amp in this picture? Maybe an Alan Maher Infinity CBF?

In a different thread, Golfugh chimed in on how upgrading from Extreme Mono SEs glass ceilings to Kismet monos (albeit in Stratos cases) sweetens the performance of the Odyssey mono amp performace. I'm wondering if someone could chime in on how the for-sale configured Kismets would match with Golgugh's Kismet-in-Stratos-case amps? 

Also, the upgraded-Kismet-for-sale owner indicates his Kismet amps retail for $5,400; Klaus has pegged the stock Kismet mono's @ $4,900, with the Kismet mono power ratings between the Stratos and the Mono Extremes, i.e., "power ratings are between the Stratos and the Extremes. Pick a number.". It'd be helpful to have an understanding of what one could expect with the stock Kismets v. upgraded Kismets, for the difference in $. Besides, I just like reading about these amps.  As well as the new speakers.... And the phono preamp... aa