New MPOD and MPAD

now25

Re: New MPOD and MPAD
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2018, 01:01 pm »
Had the same problem with cover art. Just change the cover art prefix to music/ instead of music and it will work. Contacted Berrie. I think their pre-defined cover art prefix is incorrect.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2018, 03:40 pm »
I tried Rigelian this evening.

1. No cover art ... at all. No idea why. I left things at their defaults, other than to change the default cover art name from "Folder.jpg" to "folder.jpg". There is a field called coverart prefix, but I am not sure what it does. Anyway... nothing I tried produced album art anywhere in the app.

2. Rigelian does an incremental pull from MPD as you swipe into a collection. This differs from Soundirok that downloads the entire MPD database and album art cache, all at once. With my 17K track collection and an iPhone X, this takes maybe a minute - one time.

Conversely, with Rigelian, you are treated to a spinning cursor everytime you swipe down into an album collection. I presume that eventually it caches the entire library.

Yes, I know that Soundirok's approach has been a problem for some in earlier releases - unable to fully process large libraries - but the perpetual wait cursor while swiping down into a collection is like Chinese water torture.

3. In-app Purchases. To browse by genre, I have to buy the app. I can't try it out to see how it works, first?

To the author of Rigelian: it's a different world than when you developed MPoD. The audience for this app is s-m-a-l-l. So, offer the best initial experience and then offer a purchase option after a trial period, if you must. Frankly, you should just make the app full featured and charge right away. It's a better experience and it will encourage folks to figure out the settings and persevere.

Just my $0.02.

Hi

After music in the setup screen try music/

There is a 2 month trial.

james

BigGeek

« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2018, 10:39 pm »
I tried Rigelian this evening.

1. No cover art ... at all. No idea why. I left things at their defaults, other than to change the default cover art name from "Folder.jpg" to "folder.jpg". There is a field called coverart prefix, but I am not sure what it does. Anyway... nothing I tried produced album art anywhere in the app.

2. Rigelian does an incremental pull from MPD as you swipe into a collection. This differs from Soundirok that downloads the entire MPD database and album art cache, all at once. With my 17K track collection and an iPhone X, this takes maybe a minute - one time.

Conversely, with Rigelian, you are treated to a spinning cursor everytime you swipe down into an album collection. I presume that eventually it caches the entire library.

Yes, I know that Soundirok's approach has been a problem for some in earlier releases - unable to fully process large libraries - but the perpetual wait cursor while swiping down into a collection is like Chinese water torture.

3. In-app Purchases. To browse by genre, I have to buy the app. I can't try it out to see how it works, first?

To the author of Rigelian: it's a different world than when you developed MPoD. The audience for this app is s-m-a-l-l. So, offer the best initial experience and then offer a purchase option after a trial period, if you must. Frankly, you should just make the app full featured and charge right away. It's a better experience and it will encourage folks to figure out the settings and persevere.

Just my $0.02.

Two things...
I had a bit of trouble getting the art to show. I too had to change the Folder to folder. I finally had it rescan my device, then i quicky changed the case of the filename, then i got out of that screen and it all loaded perfectly.

Also... you subscribe and get two months of full functionalit free to try it out. Although considering it is less than 4 bucks and you spent how much for your Bryston kit? What’s the issue?

Krutsch

« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2018, 05:34 pm »
Thanks, everyone, for the tips.

The incremental pull is a showstopper for me, but I will try it again.

Of course, Roon released TIDAL/MQA support today, so I am done with MPD for a while...  :popcorn:

zoom25

« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2018, 07:30 pm »
Thanks, everyone, for the tips.

The incremental pull is a showstopper for me, but I will try it again.

Of course, Roon released TIDAL/MQA support today, so I am done with MPD for a while...  :popcorn:

How do you like Roon with TIDAL? Is the integration good and seamless with your own library?

gtaphile

« Reply #25 on: 4 May 2018, 04:27 pm »
I have it working in artist view but album view is not working.

Any tips on this?

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #26 on: 4 May 2018, 04:30 pm »
I have it working in artist view but album view is not working.

Any tips on this?

Thanks

Did you use music/

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #27 on: 4 May 2018, 04:37 pm »

schmidtmike76

« Reply #28 on: 5 May 2018, 12:54 am »
Mine is not pulling up the complete album and I don’t see any changes in settings to make.  I do have a email in to Bernie and he has been really good trying to figure it out

gtaphile

« Reply #29 on: 5 May 2018, 11:13 pm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #30 on: 6 May 2018, 01:42 pm »
Yes

Ok - gee sorry I can not think what else could be going on - works fine in my setup with the settings I posted above???

james

gtaphile

« Reply #31 on: 6 May 2018, 07:21 pm »
Ok - gee sorry I can not think what else could be going on - works fine in my setup with the settings I posted above???

james
No issue - I was just testing.

Will circle back when the Ipad version, when I will want to use it, and fine tune it then.   

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #32 on: 6 May 2018, 07:29 pm »
Berrie just sent me a new test version with a lot of added features.

James

Hi James

A new beta 1.1.0 is available.

- Browse folders
- Manually add a player
- Option to filter artists by Album-Artist
- Add possibility to clear the play queue
- Some smaller enhancements and bug fixes

Best regards,
Berrie

Krutsch

« Reply #33 on: 7 May 2018, 03:02 pm »
How do you like Roon with TIDAL? Is the integration good and seamless with your own library?

It's a perfect mesh of TIDAL w/ my library ... this is what Roon is best known for.

And with MQA unfolding supported in Roon, I have access to a decent collection of hi-rez albums.

OgOgilby

« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2018, 05:21 pm »
James, thanks for the heads up on Rigelion - purchased!

I was really disapointed when MPad was discontinued, so this is good news. The switch to Soundirok from MPad was tough, but I have to say Soundirok has improved quite a bit from it’s original release. The current version of Soundirok still seems slightly awkward to me and updating the database is slow when compared to MPad.

That said, I am waiting for the iPad version of Rigelion, I’m not a big fan of controlling the BDP with my phone.

-Greg

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2018, 05:31 pm »
James, thanks for the heads up on Rigelion - purchased!

I was really disapointed when MPad was discontinued, so this is good news. The switch to Soundirok from MPad was tough, but I have to say Soundirok has improved quite a bit from it’s original release. The current version of Soundirok still seems slightly awkward to me and updating the database is slow when compared to MPad.

That said, I am waiting for the iPad version of Rigelion, I’m not a big fan of controlling the BDP with my phone.

-Greg

Hi Greg

I have the test version of the IPAD version so it should not be long.

james

zuluwarrior0760

« Reply #36 on: 26 May 2018, 06:06 pm »
I have been a Bryston fan for a very long time.  I have a BDP2, and BDA2, an BHA-1 and a pair of 28BSST2's

I have just sort of lived with the reality that Bryston is never going to develop an integrated app for BDP users,
and I've just limped along with MPOD and MPAD even though it has meant I can't update my devices because
then it won't work.....I got all excited when I saw BRYFI and so I downloaded it on an updated device and
of course, it's not for BDP users, just the WIFI speaker buyers......  I do not have any reservation about
letting Bryston know that this really disappoints me.

Now I download this one, and it is an absolute POS.  Won't even go out and discover my library.....interface is
cheap and wonky......and they actually want me to PAY for it.....to get full functionality  GOODBYE to that......

I have finally come to see the light and I am putting my BDP2 on Gon and will be moving on to either Aurender
or Lumin, who have similarly priced devices that sounds great, support MQA and most importantly have wonderful
apps to give me full control of my library along with reliable and easy to use Tidal and Spotify support......

The Bryston stuff sounds great, but the decision to rely on a half baked web based interface, and just STICK WITH IT
is in my mind a way to get beat handily by competitors that weren't out there at all when the BDP came on the scene....

Sidstall

« Reply #37 on: 26 May 2018, 06:16 pm »
Anyone else having issues with the app not seeing the DAC on startup?  I’ve tried cycling the DAC and restarting the app, everything connected and playing from other sources, but the app just doesn’t want to cooperate.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #38 on: 26 May 2018, 07:20 pm »
Hi folks

It’s been working fine for me. The latest version lets you type in the IP address if it does not find the BDP initially.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #39 on: 26 May 2018, 09:06 pm »
Hi Folks,

Her's a shot of the IPAD version on my IPAD

james