no PS3 on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and Halo 3 is coming....

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2006, 02:41 am »
Motion sensing controllers have been around for a long time- you hiding under a rock? :wink:   No, it's the goofy idea of waving your controller around as they show in the videos that I find comical.  And yes, that will prove to be a fad IMO.  Kids might be spastic enough for that crap but the appeal will wear off.  Of course, I could be wrong.  It's been said no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the public.

As for "awards," I've hated most of the games that have won Game of the Year.  Bear in mind those are mostly just kids writing for rags- why do we scorn audio rags but revere gaming ones?:wink:   For each HALO or KotoR that gets raved, there's a BGotY award for Grand Turismo or Grand Theft Auto, two games I roundly despise.  I've only enjoyed one driving game, ever, and I am not interested in playing a dozen clones of games I hate.

When I say their 1st person games suck, I of course meant only that they suck vs my preferences in games.  I'm sure the graphics, level design, controls, etc are probably fine if you can stand the basic premises.

I can't recall, Brian- maybe you did send it bad.  I imagine I hate the nintendo controller for the same reason you love it; personal preference.  To me it feels clunky and too small.  My really loves the ergonomics of Ruger auto pistols, but to me they feel like a brick with a handle bolted on.  It all comes down to individual tastes.

mcrespo71

« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2006, 02:54 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Motion sensing controllers have been around for a long time- you hiding under a rock? :wink:   No, it's the goofy idea of waving your controller around as they show in the videos that I find comical.  And yes, that will prove to be a fad IMO.  Kids might be spastic enough for that crap but the appeal will wear off.  Of course, I could be wrong.  It's been said no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the public.

As for "awards," I've hated most of the games that have won Game of the Year.  ...

Duh- of course I know motion sensing controllers have been around a long time- the NES had one for duck hunt.  In addition, they were usually used for more esoteric games within a system- sega bass fishing or house of the dead on Dreamcast.  They were not packed in as major functions within two systems.  This is a first and it's not my opinion.

I could care less what games anyone likes, but I personally think that videogame reviews are more consistent than audio reviews.  If you dislike the games of the year, then just buy the inverse of what gets high rankings.  Problem solved.

Michael