Mobile Phone Picture of the Day

WGH

Re: Mobile Phone Picture of the Day
« Reply #400 on: 10 Oct 2021, 07:32 pm »
Fun with scorpions. A few times a year Ms. Alice and I take a night walk in Sabino Canyon in the Coronado National Forest, 15 minutes outside of Tucson, AZ. Sabino Canyon is open 24 hours and is beautiful during the day with plenty of hiking trails from easy to extreme and a narrated 7.4 mile emission-free electric tram to the top of the canyon.

Night walks on the paved road are equally amazing, you never know what you will come across. If there is no moon like last night it can be almost pitch black with only the stars to light your way. The few people we meet stop after 1/2 mile, we go further until we are all alone in total darkness in the middle of the wilderness. We are surrounded by rattlesnakes, bobcats, mountain lions, deer, javelina, coyotes, coatimundi and scorpions.

Masters of camouflage, you will never see a scorpion in the desert but at night with a ultraviolet flashlight they glow a florescent green. On a good night we will see a scorpion every 4 feet no matter where we look. It's amazing how alive the desert is.

This scorpion was crossing the road, without a ultraviolet light he would be hard to see

It is hard to miss glowing green

With the Pixel 3 Night setting

JakeJ

« Reply #401 on: 11 Oct 2021, 11:42 pm »
That's pretty cool!  Thanks for sharing.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #402 on: 12 Jul 2022, 02:45 am »
Wow, it's time to wake this thread from it's slumber!

It's been nine full months since anybody posted herein.

Please, help AC wake this thread!  :thumb:

I'll start. This is exactly as how it floated into my fingers outside.

WGH

« Reply #403 on: 3 May 2023, 10:00 pm »

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #404 on: 4 May 2023, 03:14 am »