Tube Design Sessions?

DLMKA

Tube Design Sessions?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2005, 08:37 pm »
I'm new to this as well although I haven't built anything yet (student budget) but have read some stuff and have enough math background and computing experience (mechanical engineering student at UMR) to bring to the table. Weekends would be good for me as well.

DeadFish

Tube Design Sessions?
« Reply #21 on: 16 Feb 2005, 08:43 pm »
Hey guys,

Math background a plus, I'll bet, though I'm a dummy on this tube thing and except for my Hagtech half-kit preamp, I just go thru the motions and listen to what others built.  
And Mark, I think a calculator is for folks that wear hard shoes and so are counting-impaired. :wink:

DF

Scott F.

Tube Design Sessions?
« Reply #22 on: 16 Feb 2005, 09:20 pm »
Hi mark@marktwain and DLMKA,

Welcome aboard!
Mark, I see you found your way over from AA, cool.

We're planning to have these on a weekend so that everybody can attend. We still haven't figured out how many dates we'll need or even when it will start. I hope to get with G and Wille and pin that part of it down in the next few weeks.

As for the next get-together, I guess I should make a separate post. I'll try to do that later this evening.

Mark, one of the guys that shows on a regular basis lives up your way (sort of). Brad (bmed) lives over in Springfeild which isn't too far from you. DLMKA, I'm probably closest to you, I live down in Pacific. now that I think about it, Vasu (vpolineni) lives up in Columbia which isn't that far either.

Oh, Mark and D, do me a favor and drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it to everybody. I'll copy you guys too so you have everybody elses email address.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Tube Design Sessions?
« Reply #23 on: 17 Feb 2005, 12:53 am »
What is a calculator anyway?

Thats the thing with buttons on it and a dial tone so you can talk to other people............wiat a minute, wrong technology. What is a calculator anyway?

Sounds like a blast. Wish I could drop in but a bit too far for me. Anybody have video phone?