New stand speaker finishing up!

EdRo

New stand speaker finishing up!
« on: 8 May 2019, 12:21 pm »
Hey guys. Here's a new model that is coming together. The Cabs are done, I'm trying to work out the stand. This is directly evolved from my VonOtto shape. The drivers for this model as it stands now are the Morel 338-104 and the woofer is a Tang Band W6-1721.
     The drivers and crossover were worked out by a friend some time ago. He was curious to see/hear his components in one of my cab designs, so this is the result. We should have the drivers and crossovers, with some very special wire together by the end of next week.
     I just wanted to share this with you guys.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: 9 May 2019, 01:06 pm by EdRo »

spreadspectrum

Re: New stand speaker finishing up!
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2019, 03:48 pm »
Looks great, Ed!  I am sure I am not alone in my enjoyment of seeing your continued progress on these and some activity on this forum.

Thanks for sharing!

EdRo

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2019, 01:03 pm »
This design is flexible, and a tower version can be built with the same form. The tower will allow for another woofer, so this will be a cab with a smaller footprint and a big sonic signature. I can't wait to get these in a show...

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2019, 02:04 pm »
Looks great, Ed!  I am sure I am not alone in my enjoyment of seeing your continued progress on these and some activity on this forum.

Thanks for sharing!

+1

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2019, 03:40 pm »
Looks awesome.  Maybe you should name it The Xenomorph.  :P

EdRo

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2019, 05:34 pm »
I've always loved that Alien artwork...

charmerci

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2019, 05:39 pm »
I've always loved that Alien artwork...

Have you seen the documentary about HR Giger?

ebag4

« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2019, 05:41 pm »

Thanks for sharing!

+2

Best,
Ed

EdRo

« Reply #8 on: 9 May 2019, 06:46 pm »
No, I haven't seen that. I'll do a search tonight for sure!

EdRo

« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2019, 07:49 pm »
I've heard that Transducer Labs is back in the tweeter making buisness!!! That's great news indeed!!!

otto802

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2019, 02:33 am »
I refer to it as the Lil' Otto.   8)

EdRo

« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2019, 01:04 pm »
I like "Mini VonOtto" myself. 8)

EdRo

« Reply #12 on: 1 Jun 2019, 09:04 pm »
Hey guys! I had a listening session using my new cab design last night. It was very interesting because we had another set of prebuilt cabs from P.E., the nice curved sided ones, with the same compliment of components. This was a real test with my cab design v.s. a standard commercial set of cabs.
     The gentleman that had helped design the crossovers kept remarking about how my cabs just "disappeared" when the music started playing. He said that the soundstage was bigger. I have to say that this prototype is a big success. He was very impressed. I'll get  this first set painted piano gloss  white soon and as soon as I get a price worked out I'll post it. I think these will be a great speaker for my lineup.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #13 on: 1 Jun 2019, 09:37 pm »
Great news, Edro!

I've followed this thread since the beginning.  :thumb: Well, not this particular thread; the original one.  :lol: