Thanks to Pete and Brenda for the great HEMI event!

jsalk

Thanks to Pete and Brenda for the great HEMI event!
« on: 22 Jan 2007, 04:59 am »
Pete Dzwonkas (Big Red Machine) and his lovely wife Brenda hosted a great event on Saturday and I just wanted to take the time to publicly thank them for a wonderful day!  Mary and I had a great time.

The event was for an organization of home theater and audio enthusiasts called HEMI (perhaps Pete can explain what the acronym stands for - I originally thought it had something to do with cars).  There were about 60 people in attendance and Pete did a spectacular job organizing everything.

He had three demo rooms set up and a schedule laid out so everyone would have a chance to see and hear what they were interested in.  Those in attendance had a chance to experience Pete's home theater as well as his 2-channel music listening room - both very well equipped. 

Dennis Murphy flew in from DC.  It is always a pleasure to spend time with Dennis.  We spent the early part of the day evaluating crossover designs and then headed to Pete's. 

Once there, I had a chance to visit with Mark Shifter of AV123.  I had exchanged emails now and then with Mark in the past, but had never met him in person.  It was great to finally have a chance to chat face to face.

I also spent quite a bit of time talking subwoofers with Mark Seaton.  Mark, as you may know, is one of the world's leading experts in the area of subwoofer design and he was there to show off one of his creations. 

And we met a great many enthusiasts as well. 

All in all, it was a very enjoyable time...great food and a chance to meet many new friends.  I hope to be able to attend other HEMI events in the future!

Thanks again to Pete and Brenda for putting on such a great event.  They really know how to host a party!

- Jim   

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Thanks to Pete and Brenda for the great HEMI event!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2007, 06:01 am »
Jim....Found photo's of the event....looks good... :thumb:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2007, 10:34 am »
Sure does.  Looks like a good time was had by all and quite a cast of characters there.

Bryan

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2007, 03:26 pm »
Just wanted to add my thanks to Pete and Brenda.  It was definitely a 5-star event.  I think HEMI stands for Home Theater Enthusiasts of Michigan.  Or something like that.  In any event, the home theater demo was awesome.  Note to self--must buy projector TV.  I got my first look at Jim's shop--really impressive.  He has a great facility to turn these things out.  So everone buy a pair of something.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2007, 12:11 am »
Sure does.  Looks like a good time was had by all and quite a cast of characters there.

Bryan

You sold me many boxes of 703 Bryan!!  And Dennis was impressed we controlled the bass in such a small room with the traps with the HT3's in there. 

Remember when we were debating the hat channel layout of the 2 channel room?

Pete

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:10 am »
Absolutely.  Glad to see it's working well for you.

Bryan

s_cervin

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2007, 11:09 pm »
This sure was a great event!  Pete's "Temple of Salk" is hands down the best 2 channel room I've heard to date and it doesn't hurt that it is very wife friendly.

The event has me really thinking about getting some new mains and with Jim mentioning his new shop is in Pontiac (10-15min from home) has me that much closer. 

Thanks again to Pete, Brenda, Jim, Dennis, Mark, Mark, and Sean for a really fun day.

scott