SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION

Spatial Audio

SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION
« on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:46 am »
Hello Everyone,

As promised, here is a short introduction to the new Spatial X1 Uniwave speaker system. Many audiophiles have asked me how the X1 will compare sonically to other superclass speakers near the X1's $100,000 list price. I can confidently state that it equals or outperforms the best in its price class. The difference being that the X1 package includes a Porsche 911 Carrera !  :D Just a joke to illustrate the ludicrous pricing of today's top speakers. More expensive does not necessarily mean better! The X1 is the fullest expression to date of my approach to speaker design that I have spent most of my life developing. I think the most interesting thing about this speaker is that its just fun to listen to. All I want to do now is sit around and listen, dance and sing, just like the old college days. Just forget about hardware and relive your music on a physical/emotional level. Its almost like there are no speakers in the room - just energy. The combination of a unified wave launch from a single Beryllium diaphragm plus killer dynamics, bass impact, speed and accuracy is pretty scary. Its a lot like a large horn system without all the problems. The X1 also sets new technical standards in areas such as polar response and phase accuracy that the $100K competitors can't even remotely approach.

The open architecture approach allows flexibility to upgrade later using the solutions developed by Vinnie Rossi. Detailed pricing will be on our website shortly. Orders are stacking up already, so at least place a refundable deposit if you think you will want a pair. Orders will be processed in chronological order. The first 6 pairs are heading to Europe and Asia in November, with serial production starting in December. Lead times will hopefully be around 4 weeks starting in December. The world debut will be at the Munich show next spring. We are already swamped with magazine requests for review, so there should be plenty of independent commentary available in 2017. The first major review will likely be in STEREOPLAY Magazine in Germany, which is one the very best audio magazines in the world.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your enthusiasm and moral support over the years. Many audiophiles and industry veterans realize that I am making a long term, concerted effort to push the art forward with new and effective ideas, so your kind comments have been very much appreciated.

Clayton Shaw
Spatial Audio Lab

« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2017, 05:19 pm by Spatial Audio »

TomS

Re: SPATIAL AUDIO - X1 UNIWAVE INTRODUCTION
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:13 am »
Very nice Clayton. Looking forward to hearing it!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:16 am »
What deposit is required to get in the build queue? 

Spatial Audio

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:20 am »
Hey Jason,

Some minimal amount like $1000, so we can start projecting how many drivers and other parts to order.

Clayton

Spatial Audio

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:22 am »
Hi Tom,

Thanks - the website will have a lot more images showing some different colors and woods. Its a beautiful speaker in real life.

Clayton

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:28 am »
Hey Jason,

Some minimal amount like $1000, so we can start projecting how many drivers and other parts to order.

Clayton
OK, when are these available for audition in UT? 

Spatial Audio

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:38 am »
By mid December I think - I can be more accurate once we know the drivers are on the way. The 18" Acoustic Elegance woofer has a lead time involved.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:45 am »
By mid December I think - I can be more accurate once we know the drivers are on the way. The 18" Acoustic Elegance woofer has a lead time involved.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:58 am »
How low can they go?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:01 am »
Oops - failed to look above.  :duh:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:02 am »
Looks Awesome  :o :o

Can't wait to hear it!

Best,
Anand.

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:16 am »
+1 one on the above!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:23 am »
Clayton,

Looks like another game changer.

Congrats!!

George

Spatial Audio

« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:38 am »
Clayton,

Looks like another game changer.

Congrats!!

George

Hi George - Yes, this design should raise the bar significantly. I will be interested to see what you guys think of it.

Clayton

schw06

« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:51 am »
Clayton,
   Congratulations! All your success is well earned. I have no doubt the X1 will thrust you to the very pinnacle of innovative loudspeaker designers. Is it too late to put you on the Presidential ballot?
David

av_passion

« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2016, 06:16 am »
+1 to all of the accolades above.  Great job, Clayton.  Really looking forward to seeing and hearing these.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2016, 07:05 am »
Clayton,
   Congratulations! All your success is well earned. I have no doubt the X1 will thrust you to the very pinnacle of innovative loudspeaker designers. Is it too late to put you on the Presidential ballot?
David

Hey David - yes, as President, my first executive order will be that all box speakers be phased out by 2025 in the best interest of the nation :-)

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:33 pm »
Clayton,

What minimum size room do you think is required for these?  Obviously them being of CD design is a big factor but I'm curious to know if you think they will be even more forgiving then the already exceptional M3 based on the polar plots.

Also, when will the options be setup on the website so I can see the pricing and options to make a decision or should I just call you? 

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #18 on: 21 Oct 2016, 01:39 pm »
Clayton,

That speaker looks badass.

Excited to hear this beast.

mcgsxr

« Reply #19 on: 21 Oct 2016, 02:05 pm »
I don't believe I have seen a commercial open baffle speaker with an 18 woofer before.  A pair of those in most rooms should certainly get the bass covered!

Cool design, and great to see continued innovation in OB!