AVP-17

HippO

Re: AVP-17
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2009, 12:04 pm »
  I?m thinking of buying a 7 channel amp. And use it with my AVP-17.
How do i connect them together if I want to use XLR balanced and at the same time Biamp the stereo-channels? :scratch:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2009, 04:32 pm »
you can use the XLR and RCA for bi-amping.
Nuforce MCH has both RCA and XLR inputs so you can buy the 7 channel MCH and use 4 channels for bi-amping front left and right speaker, and the remaining 3 for center and surrounds.

Jason

HippO

« Reply #22 on: 28 Oct 2009, 06:01 pm »
 Thanx Jason, Do you mean that I will use both XLR & RCA to biamp the two stereo-channels? :roll:
  //Harry

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 28 Oct 2009, 06:20 pm »
Yes, use both XLR and RCA to do bi-amping.

Casey

piercaub

« Reply #24 on: 7 Mar 2010, 03:07 pm »
Hello,
I will soon receive back my Oppo BDP-83 upgraded to the 83NE version.
Therefore, I need now a very musical and TRANSPARENT stereo + 7.1 preamp, able to maintain the high quality of the analogic signal delivered by the Oppo BDP-83NE.
I could have the opportunity to buy an AVP-17.

Is the AVP-17 able to preserve the integrity of both stereo and multi-chanels analogic signal (not going into the DAC + DSP processing) ?
Is the 'Bypass' option able to keep intact the analogic signal all the way to the pre-outputs ?
This is not clear for me when reading the user's manual or the discussions on the internet about the AVP-17.

Pierre from France.
« Last Edit: 7 Mar 2010, 06:03 pm by piercaub »

sac8d4

« Reply #25 on: 9 Mar 2010, 05:32 am »
The AVP-17 is an excellent processor with an excellent analog section, this pre/pro adds albeit nothing to the signal except gain. The AVP-17 adds no digital processing on the MCH even when using bass managment within the processor.

Hello,
I will soon receive back my Oppo BDP-83 upgraded to the 83NE version.
Therefore, I need now a very musical and TRANSPARENT stereo + 7.1 preamp, able to maintain the high quality of the analogic signal delivered by the Oppo BDP-83NE.
I could have the opportunity to buy an AVP-17.

Is the AVP-17 able to preserve the integrity of both stereo and multi-chanels analogic signal (not going into the DAC + DSP processing) ?
Is the 'Bypass' option able to keep intact the analogic signal all the way to the pre-outputs ?
This is not clear for me when reading the user's manual or the discussions on the internet about the AVP-17.

Pierre from France.

piercaub

« Reply #26 on: 9 Mar 2010, 12:27 pm »
The AVP-17 is an excellent processor with an excellent analog section, this pre/pro adds albeit nothing to the signal except gain. The AVP-17 adds no digital processing on the MCH even when using bass managment within the processor.
Thank you for this information.
I then assume that both stereo and MCH analog inputs can be convey the best possible way to power amps.

sac8d4

« Reply #27 on: 11 Mar 2010, 02:44 am »
I have the AVP-17 and BDP-83 Nuforce Edition, I have the Oppo's discrete stereo analog out connected to the CD input on my AVP-17 and the MCH out of the OPPO connected to the mch in  on the AVP-17. They are a match made in heaven :rock: