Nuforce 8.02

mmakshak

Nuforce 8.02
« on: 7 Jan 2006, 06:43 pm »
This would be the current version of the Nuforce 8.  Let me just say, for those who have held out buying the 8(excluding tuner owners-I know nothing about this, since I have no tuner.), now is the time to buy the current 8.  Although I can't separate it from my recent purchase of Oritek X-2 interconnects, the current 8 is fantastic.

GBB

Nuforce 8.02
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2006, 07:32 pm »
Any idea how these differ from the 8.01 model?  Thats the version that I have.  I found these to be a significant improvement over the early version of the amps that I previously had.
Thanks,
---Gary

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Nuforce 8.02
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2006, 10:06 am »
We are not working on any improvement for Ref 8 or 9 anymore (the .02 version is the last version).
The .02 version added a) overheat protection b) adjustment for more dynamic.
We don't want to mess around with an amp that already won The Absolute Sound Golden Ear and Editor's Choice awards.  :lol:

If you are aware of what's going on in the industry, manufacturers either hide the upgrade/bug fixes or introduce them as new models (just look at how many models Denon introduced for their AV receivers over).
We don't.
Minor upgrades are either free or charged a very small service fee.

Adamay

kudos to Nuforce for this policy...
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2006, 06:17 pm »
The improvements I've experienced from going up the Ref 8 update scale have been significant, noticeable, and well worth the effort.  I think the 8.02 version sounds fantastic, with a stunning soundstage, and an almost tube-like illumination.  Thanks, guys!!!

claud

Nuforce 8.02
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2006, 02:19 am »
If your Ref 8s were upgraded to version 8.02, would they have a sticker on the bottom or somewhere to that effect?  I have Ref8-0002123 and Ref8-0002122 They say they are upgrade version 8.01. The dealer who provided them to me to audition says they have the latest upgrades. Are they 8.02?

mmakshak

Nuforce versions
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2006, 04:44 pm »
My amps are playing right now.  I always keep them on, but as I remember it, there is a notation indicating that they are 8.02's.