Nuforce amps: which preamps sing with these amps?

ndeslions

Nuforce amps: which preamps sing with these amps?
« Reply #20 on: 25 Mar 2006, 08:16 am »
Quote from: hometheaterdoc
Tact Audio preamps... www.tactlabs.com....a sensational match.  I've tried a number of others, but the Tact bested them all by a pretty good margin....  find your local dealer and arrange for an in home demo.  You'll thank me for it later :)

The main problem with Tact preamps is the high frequencies... their digital to analog cards are not good at all, so you have to use them in digital only with a decent DAC or with the matching 2150 amp.

Adamay

preamps
« Reply #21 on: 28 Mar 2006, 05:19 pm »
Although I can't comment on the specific tube pre's mentioned above, I have become quite partial to a tube preamp with the Nuforces.  I'm using a Don Allen custom tube pre, which I auditioned against two very highly regarded passive preamps.  I found the passive pre/Nuforce combination to be a bit dry for my taste.  The Don Allen tube pre contributes harmonic richness & a musical "rightness" with no loss of detail or extension at the frequency extremes, and significantly better dynamics and PRAT.  I've been meaning to post a review, but haven't had the time.  As always, everything is system- and taste-dependent, and others may have different experiences.