Tube dampners in power supply

KingStyles

Tube dampners in power supply
« on: 4 Sep 2010, 09:18 pm »
Do you think there will be an improvement if I added ultrasonic rx to my 6x4's in my power supplies? I have 2 in my headphone amp power supply and I have 4 in my dac power supply.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Re: Tube dampners in power supply
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2010, 01:55 am »
A high probability for substantial improvement.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2010, 05:55 am »
Do you think there will be an improvement if I added ultrasonic rx to my 6x4's in my power supplies? I have 2 in my headphone amp power supply and I have 4 in my dac power supply.
    I have tried it in my Amp (Virtue Ice Blocks) and can state without hesitation that they make a positive difference. 
    The amp(s) sound much more forceful and dynamic. 

doctorcilantro

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2010, 02:54 pm »
I plan on damping all the rectifiers in my Decware Mini-Torii...it's about time. 0A3, 6X4, and 0C2. Order placed.

davidrs

• Which do you value more, happiness or truth?
« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2010, 03:36 pm »
Go for it.

Recently, added the Ultrasonic Rxs to my signal tubes. An immediate, noticeable and significant improvement to the sq.

Steve is a great guy to deal with. No need to think through it, just put the order in and experience it for yourself.

ZLS

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2010, 04:11 pm »
    Absolutely; I have done so in my equipment, and the increase in focus of the sound of the equipment is clearly audible. 
    If you want to take it even one step further, go for dampers on your ICs and even on your power cords. 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm »
Go for it.

Steve is a great guy to deal with. No need to think through it, just put the order in and experience it for yourself.

I couldn't agree more! Herbie's also gives you a full 90 days to try & return them if they're not for you.  :thumb:

I can also guarantee the return shipping won't hurt your wallet either.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Lizard_King

• Tubes Rule!
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2011, 06:22 pm »
I have these tube dampers on a Regulator and a Rectifier tube and they do improve the sound.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2011, 06:28 pm »
  One of the no brainers out there. Using several on Amp input, pre output, phono input [ most affective].  and on the ICs from CDP. They are NOT coming off. Got my vote.

charles

jostber

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2014, 06:20 pm »
I have a 211 SET amp with two U19 rectifier tubes. I have tube dampers on the two 211 tubes and the two 5687 tubes, but not the U19 tubes. http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_u19.html The transformer is huge and vibrates a bit. How do I best dampen this part of the amp?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2014, 06:32 pm »
An UltraSonic Rx-50 (or HAL-O III-50) on each of the U19 tubes should help quite a bit. Also, a SuperSonic Stabilizer or two placed on the transformer will help.

SuperSonic Stabilizer

Steve Herbelin
Herbie's Audio Lab

jostber

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2014, 07:27 pm »
Thanks, I will check out that. The amp looks much like this. The transformer is inside the cage. The cover where the tubes are also vibrates a bit, but it gets quite hot. Would you recommend placing a supersonic stabiliser here as well?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2014, 08:59 pm »
A SuperSonic Stabilizer on the cage would surely be beneficial. Heat is not an issue; Stabilizers will handle continuous heat well beyond 400 degrees F. (Placing four Extra-Firm Tenderfoot isolation feet under the amp chassis is highly recommended as well.)

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

jostber

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2014, 09:33 pm »
Here is the picture:

jostber

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2014, 09:35 pm »
A SuperSonic Stabilizer on the cage would surely be beneficial. Heat is not an issue; Stabilizers will handle continuous heat well beyond 400 degrees F. (Placing four Extra-Firm Tenderfoot isolation feet under the amp chassis is highly recommended as well.)

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

Would four Tenderfoot be better than Iso-Cups here? The amp weighs about 60kg.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2014, 09:43 pm »
Extra-Firm Tenderfeet and Iso-Cups w/SuperSonic Hardballs both have generally equivalent potential to bring out the best potential of the amp. Neither is inherently superior to the other; any subtle sonic differences would fall within overall system variables and personal taste/preference.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

jostber

« Reply #16 on: 19 Jan 2014, 11:08 am »
Thanks, I will check out the Extra-firm Tenderfeet.