Jeff Bagby Tribute

dflee

Re: Selah Tribute build by Kevin Kendrick prepare for amazement
« Reply #60 on: 16 Jun 2020, 04:22 pm »
"I wonder if Rick & Kevin can you set a reserve for the auction, or minimum number of raffle tickets? And reserve right to cancel".
What would happen to some who donated for a chance to win the speakers and then the raffle never happened.
Would they feel dupped?

Don

Kevin Kendrick

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jun 2020, 08:00 pm »
The appeal of a raffle is that many can afford to purchase a chance to own something that may not otherwise be in the cards financially. All the while contributing to a noble cause. I suppose the challenge comes in promoting to an extent that raffle ticket proceeds reflect, at a minimum, the true value of the speakers and potentially a lot more than that for Jeff's family.

It's a shame that the simple implementation of such a thing seems to be fraught with pitfalls, both legal and moral.

For my own clarity, will these be empty (albeit beautiful) boxes or completed speakers?

I totally agree with everything you've stated here Peter. To be honest, I never gave much thought to the "how", whether it be a Go Fund Me, Raffle, Auction, etc. as I knew Rick would be handling that part. Can't speak for Rick for sure on this, but I don't think either of us anticipated how complicated it would be to achieve what we had in mind.

To answer your question, once I send the cabinets to Rick, he'll load them with the drivers and crossovers and they'll be given away as a completed set. Only thing the end user may have to supply is the stands, depending on where they decide to locate the speakers.

tktran303

« Reply #62 on: 16 Jun 2020, 09:05 pm »
Post deleted

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #63 on: 17 Jun 2020, 03:53 am »
A decade ago, Dynaudio auctioned a pair loudspeakers, a limited edition run in a unique sapphire blue stained high gloss timber finish. All proceeds went to Médecins Sans Frontières, which, for those uninitiated, is a charity that deploys doctors to areas of most need, and the doctors either work pro bono, or take a meagre salary to afford shelter, food, clothing etc.

It was a nice gesture from Dynaudio, and got the company some media exposure.

But the outcome was that the auction had 5 bids and the winning bid was only about 50% of the MSRP.
But the winner picked up for a limited edition speaker- for which only 30 were ever made in this Sapphire Blue finish!

So MSF got a small cheque. Less that what a dealer could have sold it for.

My point is, this was not an ideal outcome for MSF.

If we are to attempt to raise the most funds for Jeff’s spouse, I think the mechanism- raffle or auction or other, is not so important, as to raising the MOST funds for Jeff’s spouse.

I wonder if Rick & Kevin can you set a reserve for the auction, or minimum number of raffle tickets? And reserve right to cancel.

It would be shame if this endeavour only raised a 1000, or less, for Jeff’s spouse.  Not to mention to honour the work of Jeff (RIP), thoughtfulness, dedication and hard work of Rick and Kevin- we’d want to raise an $2K, $4K or $8K or higher, no?

The ends should justify the means, in this case.

Thanks for sharing the Dynaudio story. Obviously we would like to raise as much money as possible. An auction would have a minimum bid.

Carl V

Re: Jeff Bagby Tribute
« Reply #64 on: 18 Jun 2020, 01:27 am »
A stand mount 3 way.
Have you disclosed the drivers?
Have you posted any measurements?
A great gesture and project.

gab

« Reply #65 on: 18 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm »
A stand mount 3 way.

here is a build link you can follow:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/build-of-rick-craig%E2%80%99s-integrity-speaker.14089/

It is stated the kits will be up on the Meniscus site sometime this week.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #66 on: 18 Jun 2020, 01:59 pm »
A stand mount 3 way.

The drivers are the Dayton ES180TiA-8, SB Acoustics SB10PGC21-4, and SB Acoustics SB21SDC-C000-4. Here are the measurements for the prototype. These were done in-room with no gating and 1/12th octave smoothing; as a result, there's some room effects but it captures the low end extension more accurately.

I've also included a measurement at .5M (20") to show how well the drivers integrate versus the standard 1M (40"). With the smooth vertical dispersion this is also a great nearfield monitor. The impedance is 7 ohms / nominal and 5.5 ohms/minimum.

Carl V

« Reply #67 on: 18 Jun 2020, 02:26 pm »
thanks....looks good.
Very nice to see the Kind Gesture & efforts from one & all.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #68 on: 5 Jul 2020, 05:06 am »
I haven't noticed any updates on the raffle or bidding for this speaker. Does anyone know what's happening?

Michael

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #69 on: 6 Jul 2020, 05:08 pm »
I haven't noticed any updates on the raffle or bidding for this speaker. Does anyone know what's happening?

Michael

I'm working with Jeff's wife to determine what we can do. I'll post more information when it becomes available.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #70 on: 6 Jul 2020, 05:54 pm »
Hi Rick, do you know if any of Jeff's finished speakers are for sale?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #71 on: 6 Jul 2020, 06:04 pm »
Hi Rick, do you know if any of Jeff's finished speakers are for sale?

I don't think so. There is a pair that one of his family members has donated for an auction or raffle.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #72 on: 7 Jul 2020, 11:45 pm »
The Integrity shipped out today to Amir at Audio Science Review.  :thumb:

uncola

« Reply #73 on: 8 Jul 2020, 01:36 am »
nice, hopefully a good review can generate interest and sales.  Maybe your purifi speaker can be next.  Call it Caviar because the woofer is so damn expensive ;)

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #74 on: 8 Jul 2020, 04:42 pm »
nice, hopefully a good review can generate interest and sales.  Maybe your purifi speaker can be next.  Call it Caviar because the woofer is so damn expensive ;)

I'm working on a few Purifi designs right now.  :D

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #75 on: 15 Jul 2020, 02:52 pm »
When you finish the Purifi designs I'd be curious if you could post your impressions on how that driver compares to the Scan-Speak, SB Acoustics and other premium mid woofs you have experience with.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #76 on: 15 Jul 2020, 04:32 pm »
When you finish the Purifi designs I'd be curious if you could post your impressions on how that driver compares to the Scan-Speak, SB Acoustics and other premium mid woofs you have experience with.

I have the cabinets being built right now and have already done some listening with a 2-way test box. It's better than the SB Acoustics Satori MW16 and Scan-Speak Illuminators in terms of a smoother response and dynamic capability.

uncola

« Reply #77 on: 16 Jul 2020, 11:09 am »
I saw you pairing it with the BZ planar ribbon like your Anniversario model uses.. can't wait to see your new designs.. it might be the push I need to finally learn to use my saw and router :D

tktran303

« Reply #78 on: 5 Aug 2020, 01:46 am »
I'm working with Jeff's wife to determine what we can do. I'll post more information when it becomes available.

Hi Rick,

Any updates on this?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #79 on: 5 Aug 2020, 01:58 pm »
Hi Rick,

Any updates on this?

Kevin has been overloaded with work on his day job and hasn't completed the cabinets yet.