Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........

gitarretyp

Re: Professional Review on the Clever Little Clocks!..........
« Reply #80 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:32 pm »
  Yes, the clocks are a Peter Belts Product, they took a few of belts products and put them on the clocks. That large dot on the front of the clock has a big effect and is called Orgone Energy. The clock is allowing for the accumulation of orgone energy. Hence the increase of the vestigial within the listening room or confines of the home. Outside of those walls there would no containment so no affect.  http://skepdic.com/orgone.html

As a physicist, i hope you posted this as a joke...

eric the red

« Reply #81 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:37 pm »
C,mon, TheChairGuy. It's time to pull the plug on this nonsense.

Why is that Tvad? This is all just a little harmless fun amongst audio geeks. Why moderate to death the fun posts that offend nobody?

gooberdude

« Reply #82 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:39 pm »
This is text from the Orgone site....hilarious!

Reich claimed that orgone energy is omnipresent and accounts for such things as the color of the sky, gravity, galaxies, the failure of most political revolutions, and a good orgasm. In living beings, orgone is called bio-energy or Life Energy.  Reich believed that orgone energy is "demonstrable visually, thermically, electroscopically and by means of Geiger-Mueller counters."* However, only true believers in orgone energy (i.e., orgonomists practicing the science of orgonomy)  have been able to find success with the demonstrations.

Reich claimed to have created a new science (orgonomy) and to have discovered other entities, such as bions, which to this day only orgonomists can detect. Bions are alleged vesicles of orgone energy which are neither living nor non-living, but transitional beings.

Reich died on November 3, 1957, in the Federal Penitentiary at Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, where he was sent for criminal contempt. The criminal charge was levied because Reich refused to obey an injunction against selling quack medical devices such as the Orgone Accumulator and orgone "shooters," devices which allegedly could collect and distribute orgone energy, thereby making possible the cure for  just about any medical disorder except, perhaps, megalomania and self-delusion.

The Food and Drug Administration not only declared that there is no such thing as orgone energy, they had some of  Reich's books burned—a sure-fire way to ignite interest in somebody.

PhilNYC

« Reply #83 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:41 pm »
From the same site, more about the guy who "discovered" Orgone Energy:

"Wilhelm Reich was the scientist who discovered orgone energy and developed the science of Orgonomy. He was born in 1897 and died in 1957. His scientific work spans the period from the 1920's through the 1950's. He spend most of his life scientifically researching the basic truth that underlies the character makeup of man and how it relates to his environment. It may take years for the knowledge discovered by him to be accepted as it was for Galileo to have the world understand that everything did not revolve around the Earth in space. Orgonomy is the scientific study of orgone (life energy) energy in living organisms, the earth, and the atmosphere as well as outer space. Orgone energy is best described as a pre-atomic (mass-free) energy. Its natural flow is vital to a healthy individual as well as life on earth.

Orgonomy is a science created by Dr. Wilhelm Reich who lived in Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, New York, and finally Rangeley, Maine from 1944-1957 until his death. Orgonomy covers many topics but begins with the theories of neurosis in humans as they are related to the natural flow of life energy being blocked in the body by traumatic experiences in life. Many also caused sexual impotency. Dr. Reich worked closely with Sigmund Freud during this work and the results are written in his books "The Function of the Orgasm - 1927" and "Character Analysis - 1933". Vegetative-therapy (Reichian therapy) was developed and created by Dr. Reich in the 1920's to 1930's and it is used in part by many of the current therapies practiced today such as gestalt therapy, bioenergetics, rolfing therapy, and primal scream therapy to name a few. His study of neurosis was applied to the masses in his work "The Mass Psychology of Fascism - 1933", "People in Trouble - 1936" and also in his books titled "The Invasion of Compulsory Sex-Morality - 1931", "The Sexual Revolution- 1935", "The Murder of Christ - 1951" and "Listen Little Man -1948". His work continued in the area of "The Bion Experiments" -- creation of life from inorganic matter. "His work continued with further studies into orgone energy (also known as chi, prana, and other eastern names). Wilhelm Reich performed several scientific experiments that objectified the presence of orgone energy - "The Cancer Biopathy - 1948". Many of his articles were written in journals including "Annals of the Orgone Institute", "International Journal of Sex-Economy and Orgone Research", "Orgone Energy Bulletin", and "Core" (Cosmic Orgone Engineering).......... as well as the book "Ether God and Devil / Cosmic Superimposition - 1951". He created instruments to accumulate orgone energy (orgone accumulators which speeded up natural healing of the body). He experimented with the reaction of orgone energy with nuclear radiation "The Oranur Experiment - 1951" which demonstrated the significant health dangers of low level radiation. He also created instruments that could return self-regulation to weather (the cloud buster) "Contact With Space - 1957". He did research on the source of ufo's energy, and discovered a motor force from orgone energy. He should be remembered most for his work for children. Through the entire period from the 1920's through the 1950s , he advocated for natural child-birth, natural parenting, self-regulation and for the sexual rights of youth and adults."

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #84 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:46 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me that engineers expect to get to know and discern everything...
just by showing up in class everytime...

well I'm an engineer.  And I know that you never get to know everything!!!
And you for fuck sake never say never!!!

You just don't know it all, you never will...
So to presume that you know it all, that's like telling everyone...
That you believed every word your teacher said... And that is BAD!!!

Imperial (who believes that nobody gets to know it all...)

eric the red

« Reply #85 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:46 pm »
Orgone and those of us who live in Oregon (and for those of you who pronounce Oregun 'Oragone') have nothing to do with each other-just clarifying-carry on :D

PhilNYC

« Reply #86 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:47 pm »
Reich claimed that orgone energy is omnipresent and accounts for such things as the color of the sky, gravity, galaxies, the failure of most political revolutions, and a good orgasm.

Perhaps a few CLC's could be useful in the bedroom...  :duh:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #87 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:48 pm »

Why is that Tvad? This is all just a little harmless fun amongst audio geeks. Why moderate to death the fun posts that offend nobody?

Yup, agreed ETR. As long as it all stays civil, it's doin' just fine.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion on audio matters...that's a good bit why this website exists  :)

eric the red

« Reply #88 on: 7 Feb 2007, 10:49 pm »

Yup, agreed ETR. As long as it all stays civil, it's doin' just fine.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion on audio matters...that's a good bit why this website exists  :)

Thank you :D

eric the red

« Reply #89 on: 7 Feb 2007, 11:04 pm »
How the hell did I get from a a pair of Large Advents, a Harmon Kardon receiver and a Pioneer manual TT in 1975 with 200 lps in mine and my brothers bedroom to arguing the merits of some marketing genius' CLC 32 years later? :scratch:

Dan Banquer

« Reply #90 on: 7 Feb 2007, 11:15 pm »
How the hell did I get from a a pair of Large Advents, a Harmon Kardon receiver and a Pioneer manual TT in 1975 with 200 lps in mine and my brothers bedroom to arguing the merits of some marketing genius' CLC 32 years later? :scratch:

Hummmm, and I bet we say to ourselves that we mature as we get older. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                 d.b.

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #91 on: 8 Feb 2007, 12:24 am »
  They talk about Quantum dots (Orgone Energy) here  http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/469686.html
« Last Edit: 8 Feb 2007, 12:48 am by HiFiSoundGuy »

Dan Banquer

« Reply #92 on: 8 Feb 2007, 12:28 am »
VIVA HifiSound guy!

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE SONICROCKS!
             D.B.

miklorsmith

« Reply #93 on: 8 Feb 2007, 12:29 am »
HFSG - a simple question - do you wish to be taken seriously?

I don't mean this to guide to a particular answer, but your choices from here are to either A)  give us something more than quackery to believe you're a real person who listens to audio, or B) face relentless and continuing attacks for being a quack yourself.

See, we've been down this road before with assclowns acting just . . . like . . . you.

Dan Banquer

« Reply #94 on: 8 Feb 2007, 12:56 am »
HFSG - a simple question - do you wish to be taken seriously?

I don't mean this to guide to a particular answer, but your choices from here are to either A)  give us something more than quackery to believe you're a real person who listens to audio, or B) face relentless and continuing attacks for being a quack yourself.

See, we've been down this road before with assclowns acting just . . . like . . . you.
Hey! Be nice, I really miss soundideas and now that we have a replacement I don't anyone to chase him away!
          Now you just kiss and make up,
                   d.b.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #95 on: 8 Feb 2007, 12:58 am »
Mike,
You sound like you haven't made your mind up yet about this guy. I dropped him when he started selling me the merits of Bose. That was before the depth of quackery was unveiled.

The guy has some sort of evangelical dementia that does not have any ability to comprehend resistance. He will remain bombastic, condescending and bellicose as long as we continue to respond to him.
I'm not saying to quit, because the mass malling is entertaining to me, but be aware that there is nothing more than amusement to be gained along this route. He is impenetrably dense and divinely endowed and will remain so until the worms get him. And his orgone.

alotaklipsch

« Reply #96 on: 8 Feb 2007, 01:58 am »
Macrojack, with yur persistent BS regarding YUR beloved definitions, I would think you would be more open minded, just like you press other's to be with ZU speakers.  JMO, buddy :duh:I just don get it, try it, before yu make assessment's like you do.  Try your zu zealousness on AA, High Efficiency(oh, forgot, you have been bombasted there) :drool:Try having an open mind, and trying, before condemning, my friend. :icon_lol: :lol: 8)

alotaklipsch

« Reply #97 on: 8 Feb 2007, 02:02 am »
Hey, I own the CLC, and the pebbles, Geoff is a cool dude, who actually has scientific backup....... :duh: :drool:I used to be like you guy's who have never tried things, but still have opinions.  I am NOT that way, nomo :drool:

Would you be willing to send your clock out on an AC tour?  I am sure there will be a bunch including me who will be willing to pay the postage to check it out.

Are u too cheap fr his 30 day money back guarantee?  He would probably pay shipping too!!!! :lol: :nono:

alotaklipsch

« Reply #98 on: 8 Feb 2007, 02:07 am »
Instead of messing around with Pebbles, Clocks and Freezing photos it might be more beneficial if these people would pull their head out of their butts. I suspect that you can hear better that way but I could be wrong.

Hey, I may be an asshle, but, what does that make YOU? :duh:

alotaklipsch

« Reply #99 on: 8 Feb 2007, 02:10 am »
I used to be like you guy's who have never tried things, but still have opinions.  I am NOT that way, nomo

Have you tried placing photographs of yourself in your freezer yet?

se

Steve, no. I haven't, have you ever tried to have an open mind, and then make your own assessment on an issue, or are you just a little ignorant asswipe? :duh: :drool: :icon_twisted: