Chromecast Audio

lacro

Re: Chromecast Audio
« Reply #20 on: 8 Aug 2016, 03:18 pm »
I bought the Chromecast Audio, but couldn't get it to work. The LED didn't light when connected to power, and it didn't connect to my FIOS router. I sent it back. I assume it was defective.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 9 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm »
Larry has given you half the answer. I have an article in preparation for a Mac/Apple person, if you'd care to give it a try I'd certainly appreciate a reviewer.

Look forward to your article as I'm an Apple guy that's wanting to try Tidal.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #22 on: 27 Nov 2016, 01:13 am »
Hey all,

So I just got a Chromecast Audio today on sale for $25. I bought it because my old laptop I use to stream music to my receiver has been getting annoyingly slow at starting up in its old age. I was hesitant that I'd be sacrificing sound quality for convenience. But I've been very pleasantly surprised. The dynamics, the detail, and clarity across all frequencies are signifcantly better than the Alien DAC with Vitamin Q output caps I was using before. Plus the added convenience of being able to control it from your phone or tablet anywhere within WiFi range is great for casual listening around the house too.

If you use Spotify or Tidal and want to conveniently stream to anything with an Aux input, I can't recommend it enough. You'd be hard pressed to find a better way to spend $25 on audio equipment IMO.

My 2 cents  :beer: