Coyote - gritty Mexican cartel drama starring Michael Chiklis

WGH

I liked Coyote. Michael Chiklis (The Shield, American Horror Story: Freak Show, Gotham) plays retired Border Patrol agent Ben Clemens that gets entangled with a powerful and ruthless Mexican cartel after he helps a young pregnant girl escape her abusive husband.

Produced by Michelle MacLaren (Breaking Bad), Coyote is fast paced and perfect for binging, unfortunately there is currently only 6 episodes (out of 10) and ends with cliffhanger because production was shut down because of Covid. Just as all the major characters are established, the plot twists, danger increases and hopefully there will be a Season 2.

The filming locations are authentic with locations in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico; Phoenix; Puerto Peñasco, Mexico; Tijuana, Baja California Norte, Mexico and Tucson. I have lived and hiked in the desert around Tucson, AZ for 43 years and love and respect the Southwest desert, it really is easy to die out here as some tourists find out. The first questions I ask hikers I meet is "Do you know where you are?" and "How much water do you have". It's easy to get lost with no landmarks and everything looks the same.

I made the new historically accurate entry doors for the Naco Land Port of Entry border patrol station in Naco, AZ, South of Bisbee, AZ. The historic Adobe-style border station was built in 1937 still stands and serves as Customs and Border Patrol office space. If you ever get down that way Asadero Los Molcajetes restaurant in Naco, Sonora is excellent, bring your passport.

Available on CBS All Access
85% Audience Score on RT
Watch the nail biting trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6BTdmnJ_EM&ab_channel=CBSAllAccess

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: