Philharmonic Affordable Accuracy monitors in Raleigh

DFpritchard

When I ordered my first pair of Salk speakers, I needed something to listen to (with?) while JS&Co made my new speakers.  Ended up ordering a pair of Affordable Accuracy monitors from Dennis Murphy at Philharmonic.  As I posted at the time, these things are great value and I have lived happily with them through two Salk builds (most recently Harborica BePure2s).  AA monitors currently listed on Craigslist but thought I'd offer them to this community, as well.  From the CL ad:

"Affordable Accuracy bookshelf 6 1/2 inch 2-way monitor speakers. Based on the Dayton Audio BR-1 speaker kit ($300/pair).  Check out www.parts-express.com for technical details of these speakers.  I purchased the Affordable Accuracy monitors about 4 years ago from Dennis Murphy at Philharmonic Audio.  They came professionally  assembled with upgraded cross-overs. Multiple reviews compare the Affordable Accuracy favorably with $1000/pair speakers, with some reviewers saying these are the best speakers you never heard of.  This pair is mounted on stands but easily removed for bookshelf placement.  Speaker cabinets measure 9 W x 14 H x 11 D.  Height with stands is 47 inches.  Overall in very good condition.  Comes with Audioquest X-2 speaker cable (14-foot pair with banana terminations) and Herbies footers. 

Price is $225 for everything.  Cash only.  Pick up only."

I'm in Raleigh but can meet within an hour or so, if interested. 

Hope everybody has a great 2023, enjoy the music!