Stand mount loudspeakers

Rusty Jefferson

Re: Stand mount loudspeakers
« Reply #40 on: 5 May 2018, 10:41 am »
..... Price range to $15000.00. System preferences, wide and deep soundstage, Good piano, violin and great female voices and NO head in a vice.
Raidho C1 or D1. You'd have to go used to hit your price point, but they are the best stand mounts I've heard. Absolutely transparent.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #41 on: 5 May 2018, 01:17 pm »
I'd go with active speakers.  Many technical reasons and from personal experiences.  I won't bore you here.

At this price range I'd look at the $13,900/pair Kii Audio Three.  It uses a 3-way sealed design with 4 woofers and 6 250 watt class D amps, and are rated down to 20 Hz (no sub needed).  They can be fed analog or digital signals (so just add a digital server).  The design has DSP to correct for room influences, correct for phasing issues, and provides controlled directivity.  Matching stands and wired remote available.  Sound that competes with headphones from anywhere in the room.  Here's a review from a respected source:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/kii-audio-three

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #42 on: 5 May 2018, 02:04 pm »
There are some good ideas in this Thread, too.   :scratch:

Seadog, didn't you ask exactly the same question on another thread in April?  Yes, I believe you did and Jerry just linked to it here.  I'll combine them for you to avoid confusion and double posts by members who have already answered your query.

seadogs1

« Reply #43 on: 5 May 2018, 02:15 pm »
Thanks! Please double them up.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #44 on: 5 May 2018, 04:17 pm »
Back to the thread, yes JLM, those Kii 3 look amazing.  A well done review from a pro audio perspective.  He viewed them as neutral in tone, would that mean a little cool to most home users?  We do love our syrupy colorations.  From the graph provided it looks like the controlled dispersion is amazing from bass through the entire midrange and beyond falling down only in the high treble, which I assume they don't view as a problem.  And the op's situation is perfect for active speakers, no better time than when starting out and no investment in other components yet.  Very innovative design.

Folsom

« Reply #45 on: 5 May 2018, 06:05 pm »
They make a stand for the Kii 3 now.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #46 on: 5 May 2018, 08:14 pm »
More on Kii 3:

https://vimeo.com/267259170

Best,