Supercharged Songtowers or Silk Monitors.

TKonrad.NOLA

Supercharged Songtowers or Silk Monitors.
« on: 2 Jun 2020, 10:20 pm »
4 years ago I purchased my first pair of Salks.  I couldn't decide between Supercharged Songtowers or Silk monitors. I ultimately went with the SCST but always wondered if I made the right decision as I have always been a fan of monitors.  Now, I have both.  FINALLY HAPPY!

« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2020, 05:10 pm by TKonrad.NOLA »

Hydro

Re: Supercharged Songtowers or Silk Monitors.
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm »
I like having more than one system to listen to. Really highlights the strengths of each. I just added Zoro #: G1963902 vibration isolators to my SST's. Wow, what a nice difference for less than $20. I just put them in place of the threaded stud holding the feet on, the bass isn't as "one note" and the image has more depth and texture. I used the larger ones on my Ht-3's and the same thing happened. Love those cheap tweaks that work.

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2020, 11:01 pm »
I like having more than one system to listen to. Really highlights the strengths of each. I just added Zoro #: G1963902 vibration isolators to my SST's. Wow, what a nice difference for less than $20. I just put them in place of the threaded stud holding the feet on, the bass isn't as "one note" and the image has more depth and texture. I used the larger ones on my Ht-3's and the same thing happened. Love those cheap tweaks that work.

I will look for those.  I have not decided which will be in my main system and which pair will make up my second system.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2020, 03:37 pm »
4 years ago I purchased my first my first pair of Salks.  I couldn't decide between Supercharged Songtowers or Silk monitors. I ultimately went with the SCST but always wondered if I made the right decision as I have always been a fan of monitors.  Now, I have both.  FINALLY HAPPY!

I'm curious how you would describe the difference in sound? They look great! I like the stands too, and usually I hate stands.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2020, 04:20 pm »
Looks awesome, where are the stands from?

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2020, 05:01 pm »
I'm curious how you would describe the difference in sound? They look great! I like the stands too, and usually I hate stands.

Of course the SCSTs play deeper but the Silks are no slouch in the bass department.  Definitely no need for a subwoofer in my opinion.  I think the Silks are warmer, not that the SCSTs are bright or analytical but I love the way female vocals sound on the Silks.

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2020, 05:03 pm »
Looks awesome, where are the stands from?

They are ELAC stands.  I purchased a pair of ELAC AS-61 bookshelf speakers when they were being cleared out.  I didn't care for the speakers and returned them but kept the stands

Empoweryou

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2020, 11:47 am »
Nice! I too have the SC songtowers. Mine sit on carpet so no real decoupling attempted on my part.

I went for the curly walnut with light rose dye. Sorry for the sideways pic.

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jun 2020, 02:05 pm »
I like that you did a front slot port.