Servo Sub

Jfondell

Servo Sub
« on: 7 Oct 2010, 05:30 am »
I am having Ty from Tyler Acoustics build my sub or subs. I am wondering if anyone here has built one with 2 woofers both front firing? I dont know if this will be overkill in my room or not? I have a 15x20 room and I am using the following speakers all from Tyler Acoustics.
D1's Fronts
Decade Center
D3's for Rears

PDR

• May the best man win
Re: Servo Sub
« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2010, 02:02 pm »
I built two of them for my home theater........they are nice, but they are not comparable
to the servos for music. They still do an awesome job

« Last Edit: 7 Oct 2010, 10:23 pm by PDR »

Jfondell

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:16 am »
I will have to ask Ty if his subs are the servo's. I just assumed they were.

dvenardos

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:45 am »
My bad, I thought we were talking about building GR servo subs.

cody69

« Reply #5 on: 8 Oct 2010, 04:09 am »
I have two servo drivers running off a single amp in a room a bit larger than yours and find them amazing. I did build them in separate enclosures since I didn't have footprint space for a double enclosure.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77367.0

As mentioned above, these subs are killers that you won't regret owning.

Jfondell

« Reply #6 on: 8 Oct 2010, 05:06 am »
Emailed Ty, and these are the servo subs same as the GR ones with the 380 watt Amp's I just dont know is a single sub will do it or if I should get 2 single subs? I am using 2 Aperion Audio 12 inch subs and a 10-12 Velodyne now. But I am upgrading to much larger speakers so I guess I am at a crossroads. I get a good deal on 1 sub and an even better deal on 2. Ohh the decisions

HT cOz

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2010, 12:18 pm »
You have gone this far... Make it 2  :green:

Jfondell

« Reply #8 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:04 pm »
Yeah 1 will just look out of place. Gotta have 2 twist my arm lol

drphoto

« Reply #9 on: 8 Oct 2010, 03:43 pm »
Multiple subs are easier to integrate, it's not just a matter of output. Getting a single sub to sound right w/ any significant level can be near impossible. Just because low frequencies are supposed to be omnidirectional doesn't mean you won't be able to locate the source. Then there's the issue of room modes and all, and multiple subs tend to smooth those out. At least this has been my experience, and I think a few other folks would agree.

cody69

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2010, 11:42 am »
If you are anything like me, given you're now thinking about owning a pair, if you start out with one, it won't be long until you add the second. I agree with others, if your budget allows, go for the pair.

Jfondell

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2010, 05:27 pm »
Budget? That went out the window a long time ago lol

I have on order from Tyler Acoustics all in Maple
D1's
Decade Center
D3's
2- Servo Subs
and need to have him build some side speakers

and to think I was going to order Swans for a measly 2500  :lol:

gold

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2010, 12:53 am »
You can't go wrong with that purchase....  I have been very impressed with my Decades:  D1's, D4's, center, and a pair of subs.  The D1's in 2 channel are excellent! 

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2010, 04:40 am »
You can't go wrong with that purchase.... 

I second it. Great choice!  :thumb:

Jfondell

« Reply #14 on: 10 Mar 2011, 11:46 am »
I got all my speakers delivered and everything sounds great but how do I set up the subs? There are too many switches that I really don't know what they do. Is their a manual that explains all this? I am getting good bass but i don't think its setup properly. I got 2 subs

Thanks guys

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 10 Mar 2011, 11:55 am »
I got all my speakers delivered and everything sounds great but how do I set up the subs? There are too many switches that I really don't know what they do. Is their a manual that explains all this? I am getting good bass but i don't think its setup properly. I got 2 subs

Thanks guys

See here http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/A370XLR.pdf

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2011, 01:23 pm »
Also, my web site explains what the controls do: http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=142