Intro

AK-Grwn_v2

Intro
« on: 11 Dec 2023, 05:07 am »
Hi, had a previous account here but lost it and the email I was using for forums when I switched computers. So my second account!

Been following GR Research for a couple years now after catching the audio bug back during covid. Living up in Alaska there is not much in the terms of a local high end audio outlet. The idea of buying a $5000+ speaker without hearing it first is crazy. If it's possible to get this same value, or more, from a kit it's a no brainer where to spend the $.

Started the GR journey with a Klipsch RP600 upgrade. Made the highs sound amazing but didn't care for how the woofer then didn't sound like it was keeping up with the tweeters. Moved on to purchasing a single double trouble sub to complement a pair of Magnepan 1.7s I have. Then bought a second double trouble!

This year bought a completed pair of the NX Studios. Was afraid of making a mistake so went with the pre-built pair. These shame the magnepans and are the best speakers I've ever heard. This summer bought the LGK 2.1 kit for the office, which sound amazing paired with a schiit stack. I was surprised that they came close to comparing with the studios.

Also have purchased some GR power and speaker cables.

Up to this point I am pleased with everything I've heard from GR research and am very interested in the final Old School design and the next version of the NX Oticas coming up.

adminRH

• Admin
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2023, 02:59 pm »
Hi, had a previous account here but lost it and the email I was using for forums when I switched computers. So my second account!

Please start a new topic in the Login Help Circle to restore your old account. Only one account is allowed per member. Thank you.

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2023, 04:39 pm »
Thanks for being a great customer.

I know the days are getting pretty short for you guys up there right now. Try to stay warm and enjoy the music.

FARod

« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2023, 03:09 pm »
GR Research fan for a few years.  I have built the NX-Studios and I am currently waiting for my NX-Octia flat pack to arrive so I can start my NX-Octia build. Also have made the Gr-Research speaker cables. My Rig is mostly Accuphase and Gustard.  Retired from work during Covid era.

AK-Grwn_v2

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2023, 04:05 am »
GR Research fan for a few years.  I have built the NX-Studios and I am currently waiting for my NX-Octia flat pack to arrive so I can start my NX-Octia build. Also have made the Gr-Research speaker cables. My Rig is mostly Accuphase and Gustard.  Retired from work during Covid era.

Hey. Good luck with the Otica build. Let me know what you hear in the difference between the studios and otica!