X static Kit

PDR

• May the best man win
X static Kit
« on: 1 May 2018, 03:24 am »
No pics, maybe little later.....sorry.

I bought one of these kits from Danny last fall.
Standard crossover and no No-Rez (way too much to ship to Canada :()

$379 kit, includes x over, wire, binding posts, screws, solder and even heat shrink.....
Had to try it.....been wanting to for a long time.

I've built V-1, Super V and rebuilt my servo subs and now the X kit from GR, along with many other kits.

These are punching WAY above their price point. If these are not the best value, bang for your buck deal
in audio......well I dare you to find me better.

Thanks Danny, I think some buddies are going to be contacting you..... :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: X static Kit
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2018, 01:10 pm »

Years ago I heard the prototype X-Static in Danny's living room when I picked up my LS9 kit.  I was stunned at how well it compared to the 9 at a fraction of the cost.  I now have a pair in my second system.
Absolutely it is one of the best buys in speakers if not the very best.   :thumb:

X statik kit at the Lone Star Audiofest

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2018, 01:43 am »
I bought a kit from Danny a few years ago now. I've been after my buddy who I bought them for to build them out ever since. If he new how good they sounded I'm sure he would make the time to build them, he is a builder. The truth is I haven't heard them yet but I feel like I know the people well enough here, like you two, that I have a pretty good idea.

I'll do what I've done before and send him a copy of your comments, maybe this time he'll finally listen.

Greg

Chops

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2018, 02:28 am »
Greg, get on your buddy's butt and get those X-Statik's built! They're worth every bit of the money, time and effort. And if you want to spring for the crossover upgrades and No-Rez addition later down the road, that too is also very worth the money, time and effort. It took me around 8 years after purchase of the original AV123 X-Statik's to finally get around to doing the crossover upgrades and No-Rez. Definitely no snake oil here!

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2018, 03:40 am »
Hey Chops, I know what Danny does to upgrade crossovers and make speakers better isn't snake oil. I have all the upgrades on my Super Vs and they are the real deal to me.

Somehow I'll talk him into building them out, I'd do it myself but he's the woodworking guy and it would take me forever.

Thanks for the input on the crossover upgrades, I didn't get those for him so if and when he gets them built I'll start working him over to do the upgrades. Heck I will do that for him, I'm the guy who can solder.

Greg

HT cOz

« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2018, 06:07 am »
Danny,

Do you have cabinet plans available with the purchase of the kit?

Thanks,
cOz

brother love

« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2018, 11:37 am »
You can look at a .pdf file of the cabinet plans now (2/3 of the way down the link): http://gr-research.com/x-statikkit.aspx

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2018, 02:37 pm »
Plans, Schematic (although the kit comes with completed x-0ver), wire, binding posts, screws, solder.....even heat shrink