Grover SC interconnects

martinr

Grover SC interconnects
« on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:13 am »
I just installed a pair of Grover SC interconnects between my CI audio dac and Odyssey Candela Pre, I've got about 50 hours + of time on them.  These replaced a pair of audio metallurgy GA-2's.  The first characteristics that jumped out at me as I burned in the Grovers was that they were significantly quieter than the Audio Metallurgy's especially in the upper frequencies while allowing more definition in the upper frequencies.  I always thought the Audio Metallurgy's were a bit harsh in the upper frequencies and the Grovers took care of that from the start.  As the cables burned in (36 hours) using the ISOTEK CD enhancer, the upper frequencies became even more defined a beautiful sounding through my Odyssey Lorelei speakers.  Musical instruments are better defined than ever before and a lot of "air" around vocalists.  Bass is deep and well defined.  Good front to back and side to side sound staging.  Imaging is better than ever.  My wife sat down last night to listen with me and her comment was things sound "more together" and altogether better.  I think she was describing the better imaging qualities of the Grover Cables.  Anyway for $200.00  per 1 M pair with a 60 day return policy I recommend these cables to anyone looking to upgrade a DH labs silver sonic or audio metallurgy GA 2 class of cable.

aa

Martin

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
Re: Grover SC interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:34 am »
which color are these....black, grey, or white?  i had the ga 2's in my system for a while and was not impressed, sold them.
i do have grovers (white) in my system now.  has anyone stopped to figure how much a grover cable costs counting all the upgrades?
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 03:01 am by marvda1 »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2008, 02:37 am »
Do you know what the composition of Grover's cales nowadays. He's had such a progression of changes, I've lost track where he's at now. But regardless of the model being reviewed, I've always heard positive responses from the reviewers. Nice review btw,,,, it's a nice change to read a positive post.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

martinr

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:26 am »
which color are these....black, grey, or white?  i had the ga 2's in my system for a while and was not impressed, sold them.
i do have grovers (white) in my system now.  has anyone stopped to figure how much a grover cable costs counting all the upgrades?

These are black, nice black braided shield around the cabling - Grover calls these the "SC"s - quote from Grover on design: "  They have a new state of the art carbon nickel shield as well as my patented design."

- Martin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:30 am »
These Grover's IC's can get confusing...first black...then to white....then to grey (graphite)...a now ?....back to black....I guess... :scratch:

martinr

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:31 am »
Do you know what the composition of Grover's cales nowadays. He's had such a progression of changes, I've lost track where he's at now. But regardless of the model being reviewed, I've always heard positive responses from the reviewers. Nice review btw,,,, it's a nice change to read a positive post.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

I don't know the exact cable composition aside from what Grover calls a carbon nickel shield.....RCA connectors appear to have a silver or nickel finish, black braiding along the cable.

BTW Robin I have a pair of Sistrum platforms on the way to go under my Lorelie's - I hope I like them as much as you like yours......they will probably be my last upgrade for awhile - sound from the Odyssey system is very resolving.
 aa
- Martin

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:50 am »
BTW Robin I have a pair of Sistrum platforms on the way to go under my Lorelie's - I hope I like them as much as you like yours......they will probably be my last upgrade for awhile - sound from the Odyssey system is very resolving.

I can't say my experience with Grover or his cables was as positive as yours, but the Sistrum move is a good one.

I may be mistaken, but I think I might've been the one to turn Robin onto them.  Regardless, you're in for a treat.  :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:50 am »
Do you know what the composition of Grover's cales nowadays. He's had such a progression of changes, I've lost track where he's at now. But regardless of the model being reviewed, I've always heard positive responses from the reviewers. Nice review btw,,,, it's a nice change to read a positive post.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

I don't know the exact cable composition aside from what Grover calls a carbon nickel shield.....RCA connectors appear to have a silver or nickel finish, black braiding along the cable.

aa
- Martin

By all means PM me when you get them and have run some comparisons. They're pricey for sure but  I swear by them. I hope they'll work for you.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

ps,,,,, you know dam well you turned the Sistrums onto me DU!  :D

Double Ugly

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:55 am »

Didn't steer you wrong, did I?  :wink:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2008, 04:02 am »

Didn't steer you wrong, did I?  :wink:

You never have Jim.  8)

mca

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2008, 07:09 am »
Has anyone compared the Grover IC's with Reality Cable IC's ?

anthony a.

« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2009, 03:32 pm »
good question, i was hoping someone has as well.

mca

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2009, 04:33 pm »
It does not seem that anyone has...

dangerbird

« Reply #13 on: 13 Apr 2009, 06:32 pm »
There seems to be alot of activity and a group buy at AN. I believe that the newest iteration is the SC.(dot)