Denafrips DAC / Vinshine Audio - Alvin Lee customer service

djbnh

I have one of the Denafrips DACS (Pontus II) headed my way, and wanted to give a shout out to Vinshine Audio's Alvin Lee. Alvin's communication has been proactive and top notch throughout the ordering and shipping process. The company's website let me know there was a 3 week waiting period before shipping the DAC, and Vinshine Audio got it out the door before the three week period was over. The company communicates well re: preordering, final payment, shipping notices / expectations, etc. They proactively send out notices re: beware of gray market sellers / warranty issues.

If the DAC product is anything like the company, (it's had some great reviews, as have the Pontus II's siblings) then my ears are in for a treat. Vinshine Audio already reminds me of Odyssey Audio / Klaus Bunge, another class act with great products that are a great bang-for-buck, with classy owners that go the extra mile to put customer's first. No tricks - just treats.

Meicheng

Re: Denafrips DAC / Vinshine Audio - Alvin Lee customer service
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2021, 08:44 pm »
Alvin/Vinshine have a couple of Youtube videos, so you can put a face to the name. 

Early B.

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2021, 09:01 pm »
Yep. Great customer service. I own the Denafrips Venus and Avatar. Alvin is top notch.

nc42acc

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2021, 09:35 pm »
Alvin is definitely one of the good guys in this industry. I don’t think the guy ever sleeps as he replies to my emails in lightening speed. And the best part is the Denafrips products are great too. Thanks Alvin for your great customer service if you read this.

MARTY

JackD

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2021, 09:46 pm »
The same is true with Ken who handles Kinki and Jays Audio for Alvin.

djbnh

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2021, 09:53 pm »
Yep. Great customer service. I own the Denafrips Venus and Avatar. Alvin is top notch.
I wanted an Avatar but they stopped making them, and the Jays transport was a bit out of reach so I ordered a transport from someone else - with whom I'm having the exact opposite experience compared to Vinshine Audio.

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 2 May 2021, 10:41 pm »
Purchased a Denefrip Aries 2 from Alvin a couple of months ago ! top notch Customer Service

Asghar

djbnh

« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2021, 01:53 am »
We've got over 350 hours on the Pontus II and this DAC performs so far past our expectations that it has us realizing the many positive reviews were right on. What it does right it seemingly does effortlessly, including but not limited to: huge soundstage width (way beyond our carefully set up speakers) and depth, insanely precise detail and imaging (seems like you can see the artists / instruments in space and where they should be), tight bass, inky black background, etc., etc. Piano sounds like piano! Can't believe a DAC at this pricepoint provides this much performance. I imagine some might want even more from a DAC (you Terminator Plus patrons!); however, I think we're set with what the Pontus II provides. NOTE: we're still using the NuPrime CDT-10's stock I2S cable and PC; while we might swap these out down the road, the Denafrips DAC seems oblivious to the humble cables in front of it. And we're running the unbalanced RCAs out, wish we ran balanced out but again that could be down the road - but I don't think we need that last 0.0001% and any more new kit for a while.

Well done, Denafrips, well done indeed. 100% satisfied and more.

Early B.

« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2021, 03:36 am »
We've got over 350 hours on the Pontus II and this DAC performs so far past our expectations that it has us realizing the many positive reviews were right on. What it does right it seemingly does effortlessly, including but not limited to: huge soundstage width (way beyond our carefully set up speakers) and depth, insanely precise detail and imaging (seems like you can see the artists / instruments in space and where they should be), tight bass, inky black background, etc., etc. Piano sounds like piano! Can't believe a DAC at this pricepoint provides this much performance. I imagine some might want even more from a DAC (you Terminator Plus patrons!); however, I think we're set with what the Pontus II provides.

Allow me to convince you to empty your wallet...

I upgraded from the Pontus II to the Venus II and I gotta tell ya... the Venus is on another level. The immediate improvement I noticed was cleaner bass. The Venus is fuller sounding and seems a bit faster and more dynamic, too. And there's two more layers of detail.

Can't imagine what the Terminator brings to the table...

dpatters

« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2021, 09:03 am »
Great service from Vinshine. Alvin and Ken are the best. I purchased Jay’s Audio DAC and transport along with Kinki Studio EX-P7 pre and EX-B7 mono amps. Excellent products and fantastic service.

Don P.

djbnh

« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2021, 04:16 pm »
Allow me to convince you to empty your wallet...

I upgraded from the Pontus II to the Venus II and I gotta tell ya... the Venus is on another level. The immediate improvement I noticed was cleaner bass. The Venus is fuller sounding and seems a bit faster and more dynamic, too. And there's two more layers of detail.

Can't imagine what the Terminator brings to the table...
So glad you're immensely enjoying the Venus II, thanks for the info. Nice to read that things get better and better up the Denafrips food chain, as it should be. As for us, we're very happy campers.

Meicheng

« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2021, 04:28 pm »
I can give another shout-out to the folks at Vinshine.  They provide great service.

doggie

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2021, 01:57 am »
Based upon reviews I purchased a Pontus ll. Living with it for a week I traded it up for a Terminator II as it really is a true value compared to other top DACs. It amazes me that Alvin can sell these remarkable products for the price that he does.

Working with him has been a pleasure. He is all about service.