USB PCIE Card

viggen

USB PCIE Card
« on: 11 Jan 2024, 09:30 pm »
If you built your own music server, try this pcie card out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJZEA2S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

About a year ago, my Matrix Element H card started sounding a bit noisy.  It's the actual card that is creating some static sound rather than injecting it into the signal.  I later learned that it didn't like being powered by SATA.  The noise went away after letting it sit for a week.  Anyways, I tried a few cards available on Amazon during that time.  I took a chance on this card and love the sound it produces.  Compared to the Element H, it's clearer whereas the H is warmer/darker.  I like both sound.  But, this new card doesn't need to be externally powered to sound its best while the Element H has to be plugged into a LPSU to sound its best.

After a year of living with this card, I decided to try whether this 4-ports can each support a dac or ddc as the product description states each port is "dedicated".  Currently, I have two DDCs plugged into the card, and they both work!  Not at the same time of course.  In Windows, you still have to select your audio source then do the same switch on your preamp.  But, no more physically switching out cables and components.

So, this card sounds good, doesn't cost an arm or leg, allows for multiple sources, and you don't need an external power source to sound its best.  Best of all, risk free via Amazon.  Try it and return it if you don't like it.