Don't Want Roon - Which Subscription Services Have Nice GUI - Through CAT6?

cloudbaseracer

I have tried Roon before and think it is pretty good but it seems like such an expense to not include streamed music and require additional subscription.  I mainly used it to access my own FLAC files from a solid state hard drive attached to a desktop one level down from my listening room. So, my question is what service - Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music Unlimited will give me a plethora of CD quality music on demand but also allow me to control it with my Android phone? I want to run via CAT 6 into my Lyngdorf 3400 which has the DAC built in.  As far as I know, I cannot control Qobuz with a phone as the remote.  Seems like a silly thing to not be able to do this. I think to control Qobuz I would have the have the computer keyboard and screen near me instead of in a different part of the house. 

I do not understand why these services do not just create there own program that negates the need for Roon. They are the ones with the real thing we all want. Are they in some type of legal contract that will not let them compete against Roon with an interface that nicely displays their data?  Of course Amazon would not be in a contract.  But as far as I know AMU will not play through CAT 6 to my Lyngdorf 3400.  Or, if anyone knows how to do it then please let me know.  All I have heard is that I would have to use a Chromecast dongle thing. That does not sound like quality to me.

Sorry to ramble around and I hope I am clear about what I want.  Just ethernet into my all in one dac amp streamer. Not interested in WiFi music streaming.

Thanks!

richidoo

The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 can do Tidal Connect, so the Tidal app on your android phone can send lossless stream direct to the Lyndorf over your network.  https://lyngdorf.steinwaylyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-tdai-3400/

Wifi is the most appropriate network connection for smart phone on home LAN, but if you have real objection to using wifi on smart phone then I'm sure someone makes a USB>ethernet adapter.

Lyngdorf does not have a client which can accept the stream from Qobuz or Amazon via LAN. To play Qobuz on your Lyngdorf (without Roon) will require running Qobuz on PC and streaming the data by SPDIF or USB. Then the PC is the music player.

Lyngdorf does have a client which can accept stream from Roon Server (aka Roon Ready) and Roon can host Qobuz and Tidal and stream over LAN to Lyngdorf, because Lyngdorf is Roon Ready.

Aurender and Lumin are other hardware players that can host Qobuz and Tidal clients on LAN, then send the stream to DAC by USB. Aurender does sound excellent, but controlled only by apple devices afaik.