Spinning with excitement!

robcentola

Spinning with excitement!
« on: 20 Sep 2013, 11:57 am »
Hey folks!

Well, it's been a LONG time coming and I'm going to pull the trigger on some ST's! My Peachtree Nova Pre/220 should be here any day now, and after an email from Jim, I'm going to order SONG TOWERS!

I've been researching for nearly a year and now I can just barely squeeze in some killer speakers. My enthusiasm is unmatched and my gratitude for Jim is unequaled. I'm so excited that it's borderline insane. My house is going to be filled with beautiful and detailed sound. My girlfriend is even excited!

Hopefully, I'll get an email from Jim today with the link for ordering. The hard part is deciding what veneer! I guess I'm not going to get any work done today as I'll be searching finished and dreaming about my babies in my living room.

I don't mean to rant, but I can't help myself. I can't be the only one that goes through this!

More to come!

Rocket

Re: Spinning with excitement!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2013, 03:24 am »
Hi,

You've certainly taken your first step into really high quality fidelity with your purchase from Salk Sound.  I'm currently waiting for a pair of Salk Sound HT3's to be finished and this is my third purchase from Jim and I keep coming back and buying more speakers. 

Good luck with your purchase.

Cheers Rod

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2013, 11:17 am »
Without a doubt, the ST's are the best value in speakers. A very fresh and clean sound that will excite your interest in music all over again.

screener

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm »
^^ A very fresh and clean sound that will excite your interest in music all over again.
You got that right. :)

robcentola

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2013, 06:11 pm »
Thanks! It's all I think about at this point. I just got my amp/pre in the mail yesterday and I can't stop admiring them. Peachtree makes some pretty nice looking stuff. With Jim's speakers, I think I should be happy; very happy.

Now my latest obsession on this quest for great sound, I am now on the search for speaker cables. I emailed Jim for ideas (Awesome how we can talk to the owner himself, BTW. AND he responds!) and he said it's hard to make valid claims as the folks in the cable industry. In other words, just get decent 12 AWG with bananas and I'll be good.

I've been looking at Kimber 8TC, Audioquest Rocket 44 and others. I'm slightly confused and I'm not syre what to do. I suppose listening to the expert would be enough and he would want the best sound from his product, but still I search and research.

Any advice will be helpful.

JonnyFive

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2013, 01:56 pm »
Blue Jeans Cables represents an excellent value in the cable industry.  If memory serves, this is what Jim uses.

robcentola

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2013, 11:12 pm »
Yes, that is in fact what Jim said. That's probably what I'm going to do, but I have weeks to obsess.

Man, that gold bar on the project tracker hasn't moved! I was hoping I was their only order ;) Kidding, of course.

My other half is even excited. Now that's something!

broom1998

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2013, 03:44 pm »

Man, that gold bar on the project tracker hasn't moved! I was hoping I was their only order ;) Kidding, of course.

Don't let that bar get the best of you mine has been moving since May although I think Sub woofer bars move slowly as who in there right mind would want to work on the beast, hopefully it will finish in a few more weeks. Your bar will come along nicely and before you know it they will be sitting in your house.

robcentola

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2013, 03:58 pm »
The wait is tough. Really tough. AT least this gives me time to download a ton of HiRez music! I'm tempted to get a good pair of headphones so I can use my amp. It's been sitting my living room all by itself for almost a week now and it wants to be fed music.

JonnyFive

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2013, 05:09 pm »

I think the *worst* part about it is that even though the bar is at a fixed position, the animation inside the bar gives the illusion of motion...if I just wait 5 more seconds it'll move...5 more....5 more.... hahaha :)

charmerci

« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2013, 06:04 pm »
I guess a good piece of advice would be to budget a vacation into the speakers while they're being built!  :lol: (But then again, not many people can go on a 6 week vacation!)

JerryLove

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2013, 04:48 pm »
Why is this in "Available for Immediate Delivery"?

robcentola

« Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2013, 05:02 pm »

User error and initial excitement. Sorry.

Jerry lives.  :green:

martyo

« Reply #13 on: 27 Sep 2013, 05:05 pm »

The guy was "spinning with excitement" and he had just heard for the first time the "Scarlet/Fire from '94 at MSG. 8)

Rocket

« Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2013, 10:19 pm »
Hi,

I always use signal cables which are well made and good prices.  Blue jeans is another cable manufacturer offers good pricing and quality.

Cheers Rod

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm »
Congrats!  Once your machinations are delivered and about to play comes speaker placement and you can get very good advice right here.

dakulis

« Reply #16 on: 1 Oct 2013, 12:03 am »
On cables,

I have Blue Jeans cables and they are excellent.  But, I tried MAC (My Audio Cables) after finding that the reviewer who reviewed my amp has used them and, frankly, for not a lot more I felt they improved the sound.  Better midrange and bass and a much wider and deeper sound stage.  It was like I moved up about 10 rows in the concert hall.  But, as always, your own ears are your best judge.  Good luck.

Ratster

« Reply #17 on: 1 Oct 2013, 12:58 am »
I would recommend you shoot Paul at Clear Day Cables a e-mail about his free auditions. He's a great guy to deal with.

charmerci

« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2013, 02:22 am »
On cables,

I have Blue Jeans cables and they are excellent.  But, I tried MAC (My Audio Cables) after finding that the reviewer who reviewed my amp has used them and, frankly, for not a lot more I felt they improved the sound.  Better midrange and bass and a much wider and deeper sound stage.  It was like I moved up about 10 rows in the concert hall.  But, as always, your own ears are your best judge.  Good luck.

Do they still exist?  Their website is gone.

laulau

« Reply #19 on: 3 Oct 2013, 05:26 am »
+1  on the Blue Jeans Cable. 

Currently running the Twelve White (5000UE) that I dressed up with some Techflex, cable pants and GLS Audio banana plugs, just so they'll look prettier.  Also, be aware that the BJC Belden speaker cable are a little on the stiff side.