Anyone have a Infrared Sauna ?

Gvt1911

Anyone have a Infrared Sauna ?
« on: 8 Feb 2011, 03:42 pm »
Building new home and was looking into steam shower or a Infrared sauna. Seems like a LOT of the showers and saunas are all made in China  :o, some look good others not so good. I did some research and found that it is best to go with carbon heaters rather than ceramic. Go with a hardwood on both inside and out. Seems much more simple to own and operate than a steam shower. Any input?  :scratch:
 Thanks

Big Red Machine

Re: Anyone have a Infrared Sauna ?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2011, 04:27 pm »
My wife has one for her business.  Excellent product.  I'll get the name of the company.  Sunlighten Sauna and they use carbon heaters.

You'll need a dedicated 20 amp line.  They can pull quite a few amps.  Even at that though, I think she has only seen electric bills increase about $10 per month with heavy use.

The health benefits of the infrared far outweigh that of steam and it is a no mess deal all around. Detoxification, blood circulation, muscle and joint pain, heart health, weight management, etc.

http://www.sunlighten.com/select-2.htm

tomwhite

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2011, 04:33 pm »
Unlike the conventional steam sauna, the infrared rays produce instant heating.

There are lots of advantages also...easy to install, less space, cheaper.

R_burke

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2011, 08:04 pm »
I use both the sauna and the steam room at my gym five days a week and if I had to choose between them I would opt for the steam room.   

It's been a while, but when I looked into it a steam generator in your shower was less expensive than a sauna.