Mapletree Line 2A or Music Reference C4?

chadh

Mapletree Line 2A or Music Reference C4?
« on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:04 am »

I've been fantasizing about upgrading my pre-amp.  Both of the pre-amps I'm currently considering are very well received, and retail around the same price:  Mapletree Line 2A and the Music Reference C4.  Has anybody heard both?  Are you interested in offering any comparisons?

The pre-amp would be used in combination with a Music Reference EM7 (5 watt) amp, and Omega Super 3 XRS speakers.

Chad

chadh

Re: Mapletree Line 2A or Music Reference C4?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2009, 12:35 am »

Anybody?

Chad

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2009, 12:55 am »
Chad:

I purchased the Mapletree Line 2A SE per the recommendation of Topround.  I have not heard a Music Reference C4 but really love my 2A SE.  The 2A allows me to run 6SN7's or much less expensive 12SN7's which are sonically the same.  If you opt for the Mapletree you will be amazed how this little preamp delivers. 

Good Luck on your choice.

Ken

topround

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2009, 01:44 am »
I own 2 Mapletree preamps the 2 se and the 4se
They are wonderful preamps that have amazing tone

Dr. Lloyd also provides wonderful service and is a true gentleman, that is honest and practical and will not ever try to rip you off. Value wise his gear is like a honda, even with a 100,000 miles it still gets its price.

If you don't like it, you can sell it here on AC , average sale time is between 5 and 11 minutes.

Mike

Mariusz

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2009, 02:01 am »
Not excessively experienced with this unit but from brief listening sessions - very good sounding little wonder.
It will probably not shame anything above 2K but very comparative in more reasonably priced preamplifiers. 

Mariusz

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2009, 08:41 pm »
Can't help you with the comparison, but I'll +1 what the BigFish said...I've had mine for over a year and love it. I haven't even thought about upgrading. Most people who have owned one consider it among the best bang for buck preamps anywhere in the WORLD!  :thumb: