This Morning's Breakfast - Apple, Kale, Vitamins, and Soy Milk

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Nice! I recommended BT B not to consume a lot of soy. O isn't great but not as bad for liver.

My mother is AB+, somehow I'm A-.

I should make some smoothies, feeling inspired by it sounding good. The one thing I can't stand is all the places that put in bananas, I can't digest them.

"I recommended BT B not to consume a lot of soy. O isn't great but not as bad for liver."

I don't understand.

Too bad about bananas. The imported bananas in the US are okay. The bananas that are grown in Taiwan for domestic consumption are delicious.

Folsom

What's not to understand? You're AB.

B blood types and soy creates an excess sugar the liver has to deal with. (B but not AB)

I like pineapples in Hawaii! I like them all around, but in Hawaii is just  :drool: :drool: :drool:

ctviggen

The sugar in fruit is not an issue if it isn't separated from the fiber.

You don't seriously believe that, do you?  I can show you tons of CGM (continuous glucose monitor) data showing wheat, potatoes, rice, corn starch, fruit, etc., cause my blood sugar to explode.  Meanwhile, I can show you massive amounts of meat/protein that cause zero blood sugar rise (with no carbs).  None whatsoever.

I keep seeing people post on Twitter what happens to their blood sugar when they eat an apple, and it's shocking.  You might not be like that, but I avoid all fruits, all wheat, all grains, and believe vegetables are likely bad for us.  I eat basically red meat from ruminants and dairy.  I also add tons of salt to everything.  I am "carnivore-ish", meaning I eat some select vegetables sometimes, but primarily eat meat.  Vegetables have too many anti-nutrients, like oxalates. 

Wind Chaser

:o  Yikes!

Just in terms of fruit vs. meat, there's no contest as to which is healthy and which causes major serious health issues. I won't entertain any further discussion on that topic, so we'll just have to leave it at that.  :D

Early B.

I'm drinking my breakfast right now. Last year, I had allergies during this time, but no symptoms at all so far. Being consistent with these nutritional breakfast drinks that include a couple of "superfoods" has helped tremendously. Glad to hear others are having positive results, as well.

mresseguie

Jeremy,

This old guy isn't up (down?) on all the current abbreviations and slang. Therefore, when I read "BT B", it meant nothing to me. It certainly seemed to have nothing to do with my mentioning type AB+.

Thank you for the clarification.  :)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Type "O" here. I have rice, meat veggies, egg. Fried rice style. Meat is VG for type "O"

charles

Folsom

Type "O" here. I have rice, meat veggies, egg. Fried rice style. Meat is VG for type "O"

charles

:thumb:

Early B.

There's no correlation between blood type and diet. Some dude wrote a popular book about it years ago, but provided no scientific evidence. A quick google search debunks it:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/diet-not-working-maybe-its-not-your-type-2017051211678

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/the-blood-type-diet-review

Folsom

Wrong.

Those links are trash.

Real science supports differentiating food consumption by blood types.

krustykat

I went on a health kick a few years back and started drinking a big green smoothie every day.  Lotsa raw spinach in each one.  After about 6 weeks of this, I got kidney stones!   Lesson learned, I now stick to frosted flakes for breakfast, much healthier. 

Folsom

I went on a health kick a few years back and started drinking a big green smoothie every day.  Lotsa raw spinach in each one.  After about 6 weeks of this, I got kidney stones!   Lesson learned, I now stick to frosted flakes for breakfast, much healthier.

:lol: :lol:

Spinach does that for some people. The flaw here is assuming it's bad to drink smoothies, when what you need to do is limit spinach.

mresseguie

Wrong.

Those links are trash.

Real science supports differentiating food consumption by blood types.

It's been my experience over the years that debating diet, religion, politics, and organic/non-organic food with humans leads to anger, extreme criticism, and outright inability to consider the opposing side's view. I see this debate as leading in the same direction. As such, I will make a single post before I wander off to research NOS DACs, which are one hell of a lot more interesting to me.

The 'Real Science' example is dated 1980. It is an abstract and is a single paragraph. Where is the study? Where is the supporting evidence? Why have there been no follow up studies?

Consider Early B's example from the Harvard Health Study (I actually read it.):

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/diet-not-working-maybe-its-not-your-type-2017051211678

I won't debate your assertion that it is trash. I simply disagree with your assertion. [Refer to my statement concerning religion, politics, organics, etc. if you feel you absolutely must prove why I'm wrong.] I repeat - I won't debate this topic with you.

I get the impression that the Healthline website is slapped together with parts of other website's information, but that impression was reached after minutes of reading, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Have a nice day, week, month, and life, everyone. Oregon is in lockdown now. My assertion is that playing loud music will prevent Covid-19's entering a home if Clifford Brown is played at least once per hour on a mostly tube audio system.  :icon_twisted: :lol: 8)

Peace, brother.

timind

• permanent vacation
Oatmeal for me. A little milk, dash of cinnamon, and a bit of whichever yogurt I have handy for flavor. Probably 6 days a week for this breakfast. Although today I had french toast.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
1 pot of DARK Black coffee and maybe a banana.  Even since I moved out of the family home at 18 I don't eat breakfast.  But some fried potatoes with sausage gravy and a couple eggs can get my attention.
And now I walk 5+ miles a day to make up for it.

Alan

Folsom

It's been my experience over the years that debating diet, religion, politics, and organic/non-organic food with humans leads to anger, extreme criticism, and outright inability to consider the opposing side's view. I see this debate as leading in the same direction. As such, I will make a single post before I wander off to research NOS DACs, which are one hell of a lot more interesting to me.

The 'Real Science' example is dated 1980. It is an abstract and is a single paragraph. Where is the study? Where is the supporting evidence? Why have there been no follow up studies?

Consider Early B's example from the Harvard Health Study (I actually read it.):

I won't debate your assertion that it is trash. I simply disagree with your assertion. [Refer to my statement concerning religion, politics, organics, etc. if you feel you absolutely must prove why I'm wrong.] I repeat - I won't debate this topic with you.

I get the impression that the Healthline website is slapped together with parts of other website's information, but that impression was reached after minutes of reading, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Have a nice day, week, month, and life, everyone. Oregon is in lockdown now. My assertion is that playing loud music will prevent Covid-19's entering a home if Clifford Brown is played at least once per hour on a mostly tube audio system.  :icon_twisted: :lol: 8)

Peace, brother.

These threads always go bonkers, I don't even try to fight it. They start with the like to be healthy vs prefer to eat whatever they want - but have to substantiate why - thing to start with.

Being from 1980 doesn't make something bunk. There are thousands of ABO entries in pubmed, and they point to clear differences. I can post much longer ones if you really desire. IMO it might be easier than trying to figure out NOS DACs! Best of luck... I'm not even sure where I'm settled on them at this point and I've had several.

mresseguie

1 pot of DARK Black coffee and maybe a banana.  Even since I moved out of the family home at 18 I don't eat breakfast.  But some fried potatoes with sausage gravy and a couple eggs can get my attention.
And now I walk 5+ miles a day to make up for it.

Alan

Alan,

5+ miles!?! So your foot is okay now. Good deal.

Melody and I drove down to the Fern Ridge reservoir on Sunday. It was our first visit. The water level is really low now (controlled by the Army Corp of Engineers) and we discovered a s#@!load of Jasper and Agates just lying there for the taking.

Oatmeal for me. A little milk, dash of cinnamon, and a bit of whichever yogurt I have handy for flavor. Probably 6 days a week for this breakfast. Although today I had french toast.

Interesting! I normally eat oatmeat as well, but ate French toast this morning, too! Great minds....

mresseguie

"Being from 1980 doesn't make something bunk. There are thousands of ABO entries in pubmed, and they point to clear differences. I can post much longer ones if you really desire. IMO it might be easier than trying to figure out NOS DACs! Best of luck... I'm not even sure where I'm settled on them at this point and I've had several."

I'll make one assertion after all: NOS DACs are better for my health than worrying about how my blood type influences my health.  :thumb: :green: :lol:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
"Being from 1980 doesn't make something bunk. There are thousands of ABO entries in pubmed, and they point to clear differences. I can post much longer ones if you really desire. IMO it might be easier than trying to figure out NOS DACs! Best of luck... I'm not even sure where I'm settled on them at this point and I've had several."

I'll make one assertion after all: NOS DACs are better for my health than worrying about how my blood type influences my health.  :thumb: :green: :lol:

Not for your pocket book though. Save your money. To many advancements in digital design to go backwards. Burr Brown chip, Analog Device chip were really good back then not now compared directly to newer designs with no filters and better power supplies. However if you insist have fun.

charles