2-channel Blu-ray audio question

Alwayswantmore

Re: 2-channel Blu-ray audio question
« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2008, 06:31 pm »
Thanks much. Digital or not, sounds like the 50 will be worth the couple hundred extra. I could always run digital for day-to-day use, and swap to analog for special movies if there is enough difference to warrant the effort.

Your posts on 2ch audio have been VERY informative. Take care, Kent

ricmon

« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2008, 08:23 pm »
Ricmon,

Just to get this straight here. Are you getting the Blu-ray video playing from your HTPC and the audio output can be bitstreamed to your Sony receiver using digital out (coax or Opt) ? (I assume your receiver can decode TureHD and DTS HD MA ?
This is meaning that your receiver will show DTSHD or BitStream Master or TureHD message on the display  ?
If this is true,  what software do you use to take the audio bitstream out to digital output of your PC ?
This is exactly what most of us would like to do.  I use my PS3 for blu-ray movies only because I cannot pass bitstream out from HTPC to receiver for decoding.  I hate sony forces you us to decode DTS HD MA internally and convert into PCM for HDMI output.  I am not sure how good is sony's codec for DTS HD Ma decoding.

Most of you guys know a lot more about the Blu-Ray audio specs than I but when I choose the DTS option all I know is that the receiver displays that it's receiving a DTS stream and the sound is incredible.  As far as software goes I'm using on board audio (nforce drivers) and Power DVD software.

mateo

« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2008, 08:39 pm »
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2008, 08:41 pm by mateo »